Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:47 PM

Re: What is your home like.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bedroom before and after.

I took down the dividing wall and made two rooms into one.

DingDong, what a gorgeous bedroom... absolutely love it! Just my thing. A lovely old property too by the looks of it - am I jealous?

I seriously miss the old character houses I've lived in. Can't beat the character of an older property, whether it's in the wilds or in the suburbs.

Life in a small 60s detached bungalow in a very quiet cul-de-sac whilst lovely on the one hand, is seriously boring on the other.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 05:18 AM

I live in a tiny barn conversion, I have tried to trace it's history the furthest I got to was the mid 1700s where it is described as a barn connected to the local coaching inn. The inn is across the road and is now residential.

The barn has had a chequered history it's last use was a garage for storing Leyland Buses it was then converted and we converted it again when we downsized and bought it. As I said it's not big two bedrooms and two bathrooms....have to admit after downsizing I miss a big garden.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
DingDong, what a gorgeous bedroom... absolutely love it! Just my thing. A lovely old property too by the looks of it - am I jealous?

I seriously miss the old character houses I've lived in. Can't beat the character of an older property, whether it's in the wilds or in the suburbs.

Life in a small 60s detached bungalow in a very quiet cul-de-sac whilst lovely on the one hand, is seriously boring on the other.
Thank you Pesta. It took a long while but we got there in the end (well, almost). We moved from a 60's house and they certainly have their benefits. They are much easier to maintain for instance. What's odd is that when I was younger I hated Victorian houses, they depressed me just looking at them; now, I live in one. It's funny how age changes us.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Which one is Big Ted? Photo please.
He's not that big really, just bigger than the others. I will have to take a pic, although he is a bit shy sometimes. I might have to pretend to be doing something else then spin round and catch him out.

A new thread maybe?? Show us your bears!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
He's not that big really, just bigger than the others. I will have to take a pic, although he is a bit shy sometimes. I might have to pretend to be doing something else then spin round and catch him out.

A new thread maybe?? Show us your bears!
Brilliant, a new thread Show Us your Teddy Bears. Will you start it or shall I?

I warn you I can bore everyone to death with mine, I have a lot.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Brilliant, a new thread Show Us your Teddy Bears. Will you start it or shall I?

I warn you I can bore everyone to death with mine, I have a lot.
Ha ha.

You can start if you don't mind because I am waiting for some sofas to be delivered and have no idea what time they will get here.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
ha ha.

You can start if you don't mind because i am waiting for some sofas to be delivered and have no idea what time they will get here.
ok.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-08-2018, 11:57 AM

ok.
We want names too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 07:19 PM

Longy I love your bedroom and the flooring is lovely.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:12 AM

I love that all the soft toys have their own chairs...I wonder if they swap about when no-one is looking?

Lovely room LD

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top