Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 01:42 PM

Seriously weird fashion!

I am not normally one of life's trouser wearers - but I recently bought a rather nice terracotta and white shirt and decided it needed to go with trousers. So - today I embarked on the great trouser hunt - what a nightmare. First problem - I have very long legs. Today's fashion seems to be for the legs to end just above the ankle bone - well - on me that came half way my calf and just looked ridiculous. Then they don't seem to make straight legs any more - most of the ones I looked at today were tapered - not a good look at my time of life.

Fabrics varied from thin enough to see through, coarse and uncomfortable, to cheap and trashy.

I felt like screaming - I just want smart, sensible trousers - and then I saw some. Lovely fabric, straight legs, right length, right colour, my size - all excitement I took them off the rack for a closer look. The outside seams were slashed from the ankle right up to mid thigh!! How weird is that? It would look stupid enough while standing still - can you imagine what it would look like while walking?

However - they were in the sale at a silly price - so I bought them - bought a matching spool of thread and ran them through my trusty Toyota. Perfect trousers!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 01:49 PM

Re: Seriously weird fashion!

Good idea Tabs!
I find trousers difficult to find and tend to wear my favourites until they fall apart. I have little legs so bootcut trousers look daft. I like comfy trews with straight legs too!
I find the boat neck tops annoying, you can't hide your bra straps no matter how hard you try.
It's difficult to find clothes to suit the more "mature" woman these days, which is where stores like M&S are missing a trick.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:24 PM

Hi TessA - can't imagine you in trews - they don't go with bustles somehow!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:33 PM

Hi

Well done you Silver, good thing you are handy with things.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:33 PM

I rather like wearing ankle grazers.
I did find a nice no nonsense pair of trousers in Laura Ashley.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I rather like wearing ankle grazers.
I did find a nice no nonsense pair of trousers in Laura Ashley.
Hi

I am getting an education on here these last couple of days.

First it was waterfall jackets, now ankle grazers.

I will soon be able to speak shopping.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am getting an education on here these last couple of days.

First it was waterfall jackets, now ankle grazers.

I will soon be able to speak shopping.
Theses littleys you’ve acquired they’ll soon have you up to date .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:42 PM

Well i'm the opposite ST, i'm too short.

I like the Trousers in Next, but they can be quite expensive.

Have you got a photo of them?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

13-06-2018, 03:36 PM

This is from the shop catalogue and shows how they looked before I attacked them with my Toyota! I unpicked the whole side seam and restitched them.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 03:51 PM

Are "ankle grazers" those dreadful things Theresa May wears?
(They'd probably fit my little legs though. )
I wish someone would dress that woman properly, she looks a sight!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top