Join for free
Page 147 of 190 « First < 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:32 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Great photos Bob
Thanks Floydy, it would be a great place for you and Mrs Floydysaurus to visit. I was talking to a bloke in the hotel that found a well equiped gym down in the town, you'd be well at home here mate.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Floydy, it would be a great place for you and Mrs Floydysaurus to visit. I was talking to a bloke in the hotel that found a well equiped gym down in the town, you'd be well at home here mate.....
You know mate, we were actually thinking about a week in either Guernsey or Jersey next year - remember that "time share" thing we have ongoing at the moment? I'll have to take a look to see which apartments are available from the scheme. I don't go to gyms on holiday btw...hopefully all the hard work has been done before I get there!
Meanwhile mate, I'm pleased you're having a great time. Did you go away with the whole family, newly married couple etc?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You know mate, we were actually thinking about a week in either Guernsey or Jersey next year - remember that "time share" thing we have ongoing at the moment? I'll have to take a look to see which apartments are available from the scheme. I don't go to gyms on holiday btw...hopefully all the hard work has been done before I get there!
Meanwhile mate, I'm pleased you're having a great time. Did you go away with the whole family, newly married couple etc?
Morning Floydy, be nice if you could get an apartment here, it's so relaxing especially after all those night shifts that you do. The perfect place to unwind. I remember you saying that you don't train while on holiday. I only run on holiday because I go out very early so it doesn't impact on our time together, and it's nice to see different sights. I suppose gym work has to be done through the day when it's open.

It's just Mrs Fox and me on this one Floydy, the happy couple are back to work now after using all their holiday entitlement up.

Another cruise ship came sailing past our window this morning Sweetie Pie, so we'll have a walk down into the harbour later and see what ship she is...

Although it was sunny yesterday there was a cold breeze blowing over the island.
We visited Castle Coronet and the many museums in the castle. One deals with the second world war, another with the history of the castle, and a shipwreck museum, apparently quite a few ships have come to grief in the rocky waters surrounding the island.

Grey cloud fills the sky today with just an occasional glimpse of the sun, and it was a lazy day and a lie in for me, running resumes in the morning.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:10 AM

I'll look into it mate, thanks. The apartments are available to book from October I believe

I thought you went on to call me Sweetie Pie for a minute there, Bob lol! Aw shucks!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Hello Foxy. Lovely updates from you. Yes I do love watching cruise ships, I know I am a strange one, I also LOVE trams btw.
I used to watch the cruise ships coming in and out, from my window in Gibraltar. I also lived in Jersey for a year, so I do also know Guernsey as I went there a few times. I guess you know by now that I am a party girl, so Jersey was more appealing to me. Mind you, I am older now so maybe I should visit Guernsey again.
Keep us all updated, we all love this thread.
Sweetie x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-08-2018, 10:25 AM

Thanks for your lovely comments Sweetie Pie, I shall continue with my reports as long as you want me to......
Haven't done much discovering over the last couple of days, and the weather hasn't been up to much, so just daily walks down into St Peter Port for a bit of shopping and some lunch. However, I did walk out to the lighthouse to get this photo of Royal Princess just for you Sweetie Pie...

Another quiet day on the cards today, but first my Sunday run. I woke up well before the alarm went off this morning and at 5:15am was in two minds whether to go back to bed. I decided to go out and do my run, so at 5:30am I was padding down the road to St Peter Port in the slowly lightening sky. I felt a lot better this morning and steamed up the steep climb out of the quiet port.

I also made my mind up to add another mile to this mornings run as I passed the side road to the hotel. About half a mile further on there is a large monument at the top of a small climb, and although my legs were beginning to feel the seven miles, I scampered up the mound and around the monument. As I glanced along the coast back to St Peter Port I noticed another cruise ship berthed out in the bay. That will be todays photo opportunity.....Now for some egg and bacon....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Oh thank-you Foxy, she is a beauty.
I do love this diary of your holiday, I think it will be lovely for you to look back on when the gloomy days of winter set in.
Keep posting, many read, but may not post. x
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:32 PM

got any more pic of pigeons OGF with duffle bags on preferably??
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 04:18 PM

OGF, wonderful to read the news that you are out and about in Guernsey, making the best of the up and down hills in between more leisurely activities. It must be a grand place, and from the looks of that cruise ship, I am sure you are mastering how to dodge port days. Nice job on your run; I still remember the photos and description of your route from your last visit there. I hope you are able to enjoy the spectacular views along the shoreline, the coastal hike i took in Maui last month reminded me of some of the vistas you shared. Have you seen Mars from your window? Looking forward to more news from your well-earned adventure!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Another day and another ship....I was thinking about Sweetie Pie and just had to rush down to the lighthouse to take this picture of this Celebrity X ship. Unfortunately it just wouldn't turn to the side so I could read it's name.

Good to see you back Surfermom, and you are right about avoiding the frenzy of people buzzing around the small harbour when the cruise ships visit, and it's just impossible to find a seat on the bus......

Ah yes, Mars.....With a South facing room overlooking the sea and a massive picture window, the sky has been quite amazing on my regular visits to the toilet during the night, and the compulsory ten minute lean against the window sill in wonderment. As soon as darkness falls Mars rises from the South East and tracks low across the sky finally disappearing in the South East sometime after midnight.

If it's good training you're after with some cruel hills Surfermom.....This is the place to be....

Page 147 of 190 « First < 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top