Join for free
Page 148 of 190 « First < 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 08:30 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

You are spoiling me Foxy. Lovely pic. I am glad you are having a wonderful time. The weather here has suddenly turned very hot this evening.
I am willing some lovely weather over to you and Mrs Foxy. x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You are spoiling me Foxy. Lovely pic. I am glad you are having a wonderful time. The weather here has suddenly turned very hot this evening.
I am willing some lovely weather over to you and Mrs Foxy. x
It would be nice if you could send some of that warm weather over here Sweetie Pie, thick fog, about 50 yards visibility and the deep haunting sound of the fog horn greeted me when I woke up this morning. Fortunately it wasn't a run day so I turned over and went back to sleep.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 04:40 PM

While out running on my early morning foray (The hotel guests think I'm Mad) I had only gone a couple of miles when I was taken short....(too much fruit) fortunately I was close to the toilets at the bottom of the steep hill at the bus station....So I had to stop the watch and make use of the amenities...Consequently this run can not be considered for a best time...
Which is rather a pity, because despite the humidity being outrageous, I ran two minutes faster than on previous occasions....

After breakfast we walked down the same hill and noticed we were being scrutinised by this bad tempered looking mouser....

I do feel sorry for any cruise ship passengers visiting the Island who want to view Hauteville (Victor Hugo's House) A major tourist attraction....Because this is all they will be faced with......And after a very steep climb up the hill....

A very interesting morning at an auction, the first one I've been to. Didn't buy anything and had to tie Mrs Foxes hands behind her back, but interesting all the same....
On the walk home I came across this mirror, apparently because the roads are very narrow each drive is equipped with one....I thought it would make an interesting photo....

It wouldn't last ten minutes where I come from.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the update Foxy.
Sorry about your sudden pit stop.
That cat looks rather cross!
Typical that tourist attractions are often being renovated. It has happened to me at various places. I just blame my hubby.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Brilliant mirror photo, and you are right, how disappointing for those who wanted to see Hauteville! On one of our times to Russia, St. Basil's cathedral was shrouded in scaffolding. Very disappointing to the tourists.

I was thinking about you and your wife last night watching The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on Netflix last night. Worth seeing when you get home.

Nice New Balance Shoes, no chance you will be unseen in those when jogging along the footpaths or hugging the giant hedges on the roadside as you go past.

Thanks as always for taking the time to post about your adventures. Traveling vicariously with you and Mrs. Fox is good fun!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-08-2018, 08:18 PM

Wed 22nd August.....

With just two days left in Guernsey I decided that the coast path had not had enough attention this year, so despite Mrs Foxes protestations I planned a route that I thought would take us until lunchtime to complete, and just as it so happens, our destination would provide the necessary amenities.
The horizon was hidden by a thick bank of mist, but conditions were fine, warm and dry, but it does explain the less than perfect pictures, nevertheless these were some of the views that greeted us around almost every corner and flight of steps.....

And finally.....The destination.....

Thanks Sweetie Pie and Surfermom, and anyone else who has looked in over the last fortnight. The internet connection at this hotel is rubbish, but it's about the only thing that is....The food has been outstanding, and friends we have met who come back year after year are, as ever, delightful and entertaining, not to mention the ever growing list of new friends who no doubt will be here next year.....Reservations have been made for next year already.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 08:24 PM

They look good to me Foxy.
Only two days left, it has flown by.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 08:34 PM

Such beautiful scenery Bob, it looks so calm and peaceful there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 08:38 PM

Ooh, you just added some cake.
You devil you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-08-2018, 07:53 AM

It gets in gets in your blood Mags, such a beautiful Island with friendly people and virtually no crime....Like England used to be.....

Very nice cake Sweetie Pie, kept us going on the long walk home....

Just had a brilliant last run on the Island, I'll try and post a report later.....

Page 148 of 190 « First < 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top