Join for free
Page 442 of 549 « First < 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 452 492 542 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:16 AM

Re: Pictures you love

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
Only boys were allowed to have fun
By Susan George · · From The Little Things
There was so much I was not permitted to do as a child, ’cos of being born a girl, in 1938.
Girls are quiet. Girls behave politely. Girls do not climb trees. Girls do not go running and jumping. Girls do not get muddy knees. Girls are sweet, clean and well mannered. Girls are not boisterous of rowdy.
It seemed only boys were allowed to have fun. Boys could be rowdy, it was considered high spirited in a boy. Such behaviour for a girl was considered shamefully ill mannered.
My brother was permitted to go by bus to visit our cousins a short distance away. Aunt often suggested I go as well. She and I could paddle together, she said, while the boys played their own games. My Father said, "NO".
I survived my restrictive childhood. I refused to fall into the trap of a young marriage promoted by my elders.
As a determined young adult my world blossomed. I studied for a good job which gave me ‘earning power’, with this comes a freedom not achieved by a lot of women in my age group. I travelled widely; l married a wonderful man. Together, we worked in the ‘wilds’ of a developing country. And together we have brought up three loving daughters.
I have encouraged our girls to view the whole world as their domain; to learn; to have an opinion; to seek adventure; to follow their dreams; to push for ‘a fair go’; to promote kindness; and give love. I’m proud to say my children are living caring lives. They are bringing up their children to be forward thinking and comfortable around the whole globe.
Published 3 minutes ago.
I expect a lot of girls can relate to this even now I remember at my all girls school having lessons on how a female should behave ....thankfully that division of the sexes is changing. I liked Susan George I remember her as someone who pushed the boundaries
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I expect a lot of girls can relate to this even now I remember at my all girls school having lessons on how a female should behave ....thankfully that division of the sexes is changing. I liked Susan George I remember her as someone who pushed the boundaries
Yes summer and so many girls missed out going to uni, 'you'll only get married and have children, a total waste of money'.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:01 AM

A school of juvenile golden trevally seeks shelter with a manta ray on Ningaloo Reef, off the north-west coast of Western Australia.
ABC Open contributor Peter Wandmaker
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

18-08-2018, 12:02 AM

Sunset bounces off sandstone cliffs at Fannie Bay in the Northern Territory.
ABC Open contributor Fiona Lysaught
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

18-08-2018, 12:03 AM

An early morning swim at Cottesloe Beach, Western Australia.
ABC Open contributor Colin Ye
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

18-08-2018, 12:04 AM

Murphy's Haystacks near Port Lincoln in South Australia looks stunning in the sunlight.
ABC Open contributor Marian Martin
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

18-08-2018, 12:04 AM

Watching the Cable Beach camels at sunset in Broome, Western Australia.
ABC Open contributor Vinnie Preston
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

21-08-2018, 12:18 AM

Between the wires
By flissyjohnsonphotography · · From Pic of the Week
Published 2 hours ago. Goornong VIC 3557
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

21-08-2018, 12:18 AM

Owling
By estebanthenatureman · · From Pic of the Week
Went owling with my son two nights in a row - lots of Tawny Frogmouths, some Red Foxes, a lot of Yonga & Microbats & this Southern Boobook (Ninox boobook) who was perched in a tree looking down at a big red fox that ran past - lots of fun & great to have a second pair of keen eyes to spot the Owls (he spotted this one before I did).
Published 2 hours ago. Margaret River WA 6285
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

21-08-2018, 12:19 AM

No better way to start a Friday
By katypotaty77 · · From Pic of the Week
It’s nearly the weekend people - enjoy!
You can’t get a better way to start a Friday than with a gorgeous Hobart sunrise. It’s nearly the weekend people enjoy!

Published 5 hours ago. Hobart TAS 7000

Page 442 of 549 « First < 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 452 492 542 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top