Join for free
Page 791 of 1676 « First < 291 691 741 781 789 790 791 792 793 801 841 891 1291 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Maybe the guy thought it less effort to set up a Hedge Fund.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
They were called the Golden Pages over here for some reason I never knew.
Whatever happened to Green Shield Stamps? I think I have a couple of books of them up in the attic, I'm sure I'd have enough for half a food mixer.
I got a decent set of ringe spanniards using green shield stamps, the only thing I ever used said stamps for.
That was about 45 yers ago and the spanniards still work fine.
Who says the EU is bad fir us?

The old green shield shop has changed hands a few times. The shop is now called, Happytat.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You say lots Gummy Bear
I will be seeing to you on my return.
oh good the 'whip lady' returns !! Pugs you're behind me right ? - oh NO said that wrong - you're alongside me right? well sort of but slightly to the right? - right NO left?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 01:55 AM

but the wife would eat a horses arse through a hedge is she was let
oh I do love these quips of yours Jem - I'm saving them in a special flooder!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh good the 'whip lady' returns !! Pugs you're behind me right ? - oh NO said that wrong - you're alongside me right? well sort of but slightly to the right? - right NO left?
No good trying to hide behind Pugsy
Not seen him being naughty.
What have you lot done with him?

Jem I am having such a laugh with the Irish crowd here. The things they come out with
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 01:19 PM

Nice to hear your having a laugh Sweetie, enjoy yourself.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 01:28 PM

Another local tippler bites the dust.
Some folks couldn’t have friends even if they knew how to change water into wine. Nicky Roach (not his real name) is one of them.
He sits up at the bar in the local, way down the end of it all by himself. His daily routine is to arrive at 12.30pm with the Irish Times newspaper and plonk himself there, he goes through the paper with his gimlet eye trying to find ammunition for argument, trouble is everyone is wise to him and he has no one to argue with. He’s left like a primed bomb waiting on some poor unfortunate stranger to sit near him and then he will explode into political comments followed by his personal extreme right wing opinions.
For some reason of which nobody knows bar himself he’ll leave at 3.pm exactly having consumed a bowl of soup, a toasted cheese sandwich, and three gin and tonics, you could set your watch by him. The barmen on duty try their best to avoid conversation with him because all he will talk about is politics, nothing else mind you, just politics, trying to steer him off politics is like trying to put up an umbrella in a hurricane, you haven’t got a prayer.
According to his ultra right beliefs he could sort out all the problems in the world today if he was in charge, all unemployed people are just lazy scum to his mind, thank God he doesn’t hold political office, although he tried for local office on the council in his younger days and actually got 3 votes, we all knew who the 3 votes were from.
The gang of old lads I sit with gave up asking him to sit in on our domino games long ago,”All games are a complete waste of time” according to him, he doesn’t get invited anymore to the Summer outing or the Christmas party run by the management, he is barred because he always starts political arguments on the bus or in the hotel.

I scribbled that post set in the present tense a few weeks ago and then forgot all about it as I often do lately.
Well God rest his soul, he was buried this morning, all that tension couldn’t be good for anyone, he was 78, I would never speak ill of the dead but me heart bleeds for whoever gets him, be it St. Peter or nick the devil himself.

“Somebody’s knocking at the doo-er
Somebody’s ringing on the bell
Do us a favour, let him in... and keep him in”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-06-2018, 02:30 PM

Well ; well I never - never thought Jem would lose his cool just like that ; and just a silly little thing too!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-06-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Well ; well I never - never thought Jem would lose his cool just like that ; and just a silly little thing too!!
Man I never loses ma cool in me old age, and especially over political hot heads, they’re not worth thinking about,
i never do politics as you well know, it was just that the man has passed on to that great parliament down below, anyone with his views couldn’t possible be in heaven.
Extreme right wing shitehawks, and he was a prime example, are like the stumps of old trees, in everyones way and hard to get rid of, the world can do without them for the times they are a changing, thank God for that.
I am relaxing now in the shade, it's 28 degrees here at the moment and it's to get higher as the week goes on, far to hot to be sitting at a bench so the work is on hold. It's supposed to break the record of 1976 when it reached 33 degrees.
How do you keep cool Gummy me lad, we don't want to lose you through internal Gumbustion, do we now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 09:30 PM

Disgusted!

Page 791 of 1676 « First < 291 691 741 781 789 790 791 792 793 801 841 891 1291 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top