Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:17 AM

Re: Warm Home Discount

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Do you need to be a pensioner to get this?
Check the link above Aysa
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art check here
https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-dis...me/eligibility
Basically it is this...

So roughly you need to be claiming a means tested benefit to qualify which takes into account a persons savings.
Thank You for that info Meg. I have never claimed for any benefits and looking at it, it looks far too complicated!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 04:21 PM

It's time to claim if you're on a low income and not a pensioner yet! Ask your energy supplier begore time runs out!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 06:19 PM

I applied a month ago, I have received this payment for the last three years. That, together with my winter fuel payment is a tremendous help.

By the way, I do not get Pension Credit, but do qualify because I am on a low income.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 06:35 PM

I don't get any winter fuel payments because they moved the State Pension Age, mine is now 65 and 7 months.
I don't understand Pension Credits, some people seem to get it before they reach pension age. The system needs sorting out!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 06:46 PM

I am just a few pounds above the Pension Credit limit, but unfortunately they do not take into account my monthly rent and Council Tax expenditure. So the Warm Home discount of £140 off the electricity is very acceptable. Scottish Power email me a reminder to apply each year. All I have to do is provide proof of my income.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im probably entitled but dont claim it, same as PIP, i get by, others more in need deserve it.

Nom, I don't think you claiming is going to make someone else go without.
If you would appreciate a bit of help, why should you go cold this winter? You need to look after your health.

CeeCee
UK

14-12-2017, 12:09 PM

Good news today. I have again been granted the Warm Home Discount after Scottish Power reviewed my documentation again, so £140 will be deducted from my electricity bill in March.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 01:19 PM

My supplier is Sainsbury's (British Gas) and here's what they say:

http://www.sainsburysenergy.com/save...-discount.html

The British Gas 2017/18 Warm Home Discount scheme is open for applications

Supporting customers who need it with a one-off electricity payment of £140.

Eligible households and how to claim

The Warm Home Discount Scheme separates eligible households into two groups - the 'Core' group and the 'Broader' group.

Core group (Pension Credit customers)

If you are a Pension credit customer you will be automatically considered for the discount and the Government will write to those who are potentially eligible for the winter 2017/2018 discount in autumn 2017.

You may qualify for this energy discount if you are the named or partner of the named account holder on 9th July 2017 (the qualifying date) and you:

Receive only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (without receiving the Savings Credit)

OR

Receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit as well as the Savings Credit.

If you meet the following conditions, you do not need to do anything now to get your discount in 2017/2018.

To find out more about the eligibility criteria, please visit this page: https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-schemethis link will open in a new window

Broader group (existing Sainsbury's Energy customers)

Broader group is existing Sainsbury's Energy customers who must continue to be in supply of their electricity with Sainsbury's Energy when the payments are made in winter 2017/2018 (any time up to 31st March 2018).

To qualify you must be the account holder or partner of the named account holder and are required to meet one of the following criteria:

In receipt of the Savings or Guarantee & Savings element of the State Pension Credit (unless already qualifying as part of Core Group).

In receipt of one of the following means tested eligible benefits:
  1. Income Support.
  2. Income based Jobseekers’ Allowance.
  3. Income related Employment and Support Allowance (which includes a work related activity or support component).
  4. Universal Credit (low income elements).

And includes one of the following:

1. Child element for children aged 5 or under.
  2. Disabled child element.

Be a customer with a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190[1] and the account holder is living with mental or physical disability or illness, or there is vulnerability within the home (children living in the house aged 5 or under) or of pensionable age.

Be a customer with a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190[1] and spend 10% or more of household income on energy bills to heat the property.
CeeCee
UK

14-12-2017, 07:03 PM

I fall into the category of having an annual income of less than £16,000 - considerably less actually.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top