Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:13 AM

What a fun night !

Had friends round for a 'film night' last night. I do this from time to time and they take it in turns to choose what we watch from my collection of DVDs. There were eight of us last night and it was 'ladies choice' so we watched 'Gone with the wind'. Had forgotten what a good film that is - still prefer the book though.

The menfolk brought red wine and some cans of beer. I served a buffet supper of Rib-eye steak sandwiches, coleslaw (recipes courtesy of Bakerman), dill pickles, sauerkraut (recipe courtesy of Realist), salad, crisps, popcorn, and a couple of dips - all went down well - no left overs or 'doggy bags' !

Afterward we females washed up while the menfolk turned my 'pop-up cinema' back into a sitting room. It was a fun night/morning - no one went home until about 2:00am - we just sat and talked - and talked!!

It will be the men's choice of film next time - and I have promised to cook them an Indian feast.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:28 AM

Re: What a fun night !

Sounds fun Tabby I love groups like that..

I do it with pals sometimes too but we watch old music videos and sometimes sing along after a few G&Ts.

Have to admit we order Chinese take away ....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:43 AM

Sounds a great night Tabbles, I'm just amazed you are up and at 'em so early after that....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:13 AM

Sounds like you pulled it of well. happy to see the recipes went over well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Had friends round for a 'film night' last night. I do this from time to time and they take it in turns to choose what we watch from my collection of DVDs. There were eight of us last night and it was 'ladies choice' so we watched 'Gone with the wind'. Had forgotten what a good film that is - still prefer the book though.

The menfolk brought red wine and some cans of beer. I served a buffet supper of Rib-eye steak sandwiches, coleslaw (recipes courtesy of Bakerman), dill pickles, sauerkraut (recipe courtesy of Realist), salad, crisps, popcorn, and a couple of dips - all went down well - no left overs or 'doggy bags' !

Afterward we females washed up while the menfolk turned my 'pop-up cinema' back into a sitting room. It was a fun night/morning - no one went home until about 2:00am - we just sat and talked - and talked!!

It will be the men's choice of film next time - and I have promised to cook them an Indian feast.
What a great night Tabs. I feel as though I missed out there. I'm just wondering what type of film the men will choose.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a great night Tabs. I feel as though I missed out there. I'm just wondering what type of film the men will choose.
Probably something action packed or scary!

Last time they choose 'Guns of Navarone' - they let me know in advance so I was able to rustle up some Greek food.

If you lived near enough you would be welcome to join us.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:08 PM

I have a suggestion: the next time it is the ladies who get to pick the film, try "Moonstruck" starring Cher (she won 'Best Actress" that year for her role) and Olympia Dukakis. What a wonderfully happy, feel good, film.
PS: If you do watch that film, it has to be Italian food night.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Gone with the Wind is my favourite film Tabby. What a lovely idea for a get together with friends. I am afraid my friends and I still do the pub crawl and nightclub.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

03-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sounds a great night Tabbles, I'm just amazed you are up and at 'em so early after that....
Us oldies have the stamina, Barry !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

03-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Gone with the Wind is my favourite film Tabby. What a lovely idea for a get together with friends. I am afraid my friends and I still do the pub crawl and nightclub.

Not my scene at all - never was. Dancing now - that's a different matter all together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top