Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:58 PM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And have you decided?
Hi Missy no I haven't decided yet.
When my son came there was some discussion about my having his Ipad because he doesn't use it he only needs his Iphone now . It is a top of the the range Pro but I don't like accepting things. I may borrow it and see how I get on with it.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Missy no I haven't decided yet.
When my son came there was some discussion about my having his Ipad because he doesn't use it he only needs his Iphone now . It is a top of the the range Pro but I don't like accepting things. I may borrow it and see how I get on with it.
Grab it with both hands Meg, you will love it and if he doesn't use it, its a lot of money wasted

Accept it, he's your son, its not charity, its a son treating his mum
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:18 AM

Mrs Dobra has given up in exasperation, so passed her iPad to me. First impressions are slick, but I can't print a photograph......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Mrs Dobra has given up in exasperation, so passed her iPad to me. First impressions are slick, but I can't print a photograph......
You do need a compatible printer that's true

Printers are cheap enough

I picked up a compatible one for £30 in Tesco a while back. Works lovely. Only thing I didn't check was whether it was compatible with HP's ink replacement service, it isn't

Mr Missy loves his iPad and phone. For years he struggled to get to grips with a PC and just couldn't use one, having to ask me to do everything for him. He's a whizz now. I think it's because of apps. He picks up his pad and there's an app taking him straight where he wants to go and now he can print what he likes as well he's in his element
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 12:28 PM

They take quite good photos as well.

And as Missy says, accept it as a gift from your son. Would be a shame for it to go to waste when you need one.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
They take quite good photos as well.

And as Missy says, accept it as a gift from your son. Would be a shame for it to go to waste when you need one.
They do indeed take good pics Gill
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 05:28 PM

With the newer iPads you can set the photo as ‘live’. So if for instance, as you take the photo, something or someone is moving, as you view the photo, the person/thing moves for a second or so. I have Holly doing it, a seagull flying across as I snapped the sea at Dawlish, my brother and SiL moving in the Apple store.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
With the newer iPads you can set the photo as ‘live’. So if for instance, as you take the photo, something or someone is moving, as you view the photo, the person/thing moves for a second or so. I have Holly doing it, a seagull flying across as I snapped the sea at Dawlish, my brother and SiL moving in the Apple store.
I have that on my iPad as well Jazzi
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have that on my iPad as well Jazzi
That happens when I view photographs saved on The Cloud
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My son bought me an Apple IPad a few years ago. I used to use it all the time until I got my smartphone now it's just in a drawer somewhere.
I find differing uses for mine. For me, sometimes the iPhone's screen is just a bit small, and I miss not being able to use the Pencil with the phone.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top