Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:55 PM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

I am loving the ipad it's amazing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Likewise Meg, I thought you would once you got used to it .... I’m on mine at the moment
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Kind of thought you would
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 03:37 PM

Now you made me feel like a woos-because I only JUST finished putting my iPad on ebay,Missy. It's sat in it's box since the day i bought it,coming out once,to set it up-which left me wondering how ANYONE can break out of the Apple grip. It demanded passwords I don't have,demanded I join icloud,insisted I make up usernames and passwords for apps I don't even want...and when y'DO see an app that may be useful-it's at a price. I think my quill and I are in the wrong century. EVERYONE loves Apple-but I,isolated here on 'Non-Apple Island', can't get on with it....is it summink I said?....sigh....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Now you made me feel like a woos-because I only JUST finished putting my iPad on ebay,Missy. It's sat in it's box since the day i bought it,coming out once,to set it up-which left me wondering how ANYONE can break out of the Apple grip. It demanded passwords I don't have,demanded I join icloud,insisted I make up usernames and passwords for apps I don't even want...and when y'DO see an app that may be useful-it's at a price. I think my quill and I are in the wrong century. EVERYONE loves Apple-but I,isolated here on 'Non-Apple Island', can't get on with it....is it summink I said?....sigh....

Aww pugs, you don't need all that, just an Apple ID , the cloud stuff is handy but not necessary

Ive been using Apple since iphone3 and have only just started using the cloud but thats only because now I have the Mac as well as the pad and phone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Aww .... sorry the iPad wasn't for you Pug. When I had my first one as a present from Mr Mags, I was all at sea with it, just didn't know where to start but my "whizKid" son (my name for him) soon put me on track with it ..... now I love it and wouldn't be without it!

Maybe if you had someone kind enough to show you the ropes with it, it may have helped you to get the hang of it.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Truly,girls,I don't know.
It just seems that,once in the virtual Apple Exercise Yard,you have to do things APPLE'S way,or not at all. Having to PAY to install mathematical apps,or not being able to move a digit without a great big sign coming up and covering the page saying "Insert your password',when you not only don't own a password,but don't have an 'Apple ID' [it's a poxy computer,not the Brinks Matt Bullion Vaults,ferf]...anyway,I'm just fed up with every single thing one attempts on an ipad being subject to 'sign in' procedures - especially when the codec used to process those same passwords is simplification of a 128/7 variability condensing process.
Nahh...I'm of a bygone time...a time when clear calligraphy was to be proud of,when correct punctuation was to be proud of,when incorrect spellign and abbreviashuns were shunned. Beam me up,Scotty-it's acronyms only,down here....LOL!
Mel15
Nowhere

15-06-2018, 05:36 PM

Pugs, you once needed an email account and you signed up to that ok, Apple ID is just the same. Sign up, sign in, tick remember me and you never have to do it again ( although I wouldn’t do that if you add a payment card to your account, grandson spent £700 in an hour one day , all refunded thankfully)

I know you are a Linux man and oppose having to pay for programmes but this is why Apple works for us dummies. Everything is written and tested and downloading one thing doesn’t stop another thing from working. We the end user can’t cock up

The majority of us have never used Linux, only windoze and as you would agree, anything works better then windoze because there are just too many variables which doesn’t happen with Apple
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 07:46 AM

All you need is an email account to set up an Apple ID. After that, everything is simple. There are free apps if you don't want to pay for them. I've only bought 2 apps for my iPad since I bought the last one last July.

It's a great device and handy for picking up and checking something whilst you are watching TV or doing some other activity.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

16-06-2018, 02:04 PM

Hi,people;apologies for the tardiness of my reply-'stuff' required attention.

Ok-very early this morning I drove my friend to hospital for an emergency scan [the b###dy ambulances were 'busy'] and as I sat in the waiting section,I tried the ideas you said...put in a made-up on the spot I.D.,then thought of a password,entered that - and the poxy thing then won't allow me to have the icons I want,rather than it allows,on the bar...it says the r/h side is for 'recently opened' apps and the l/h side is for 'stock' apps...but it won't let me have the icons I want,they have to be what IT allows....but on trying to type out a non-linear equation pertinent to fluid mechanics,this 'super-wonderful latest,greatest' computer said "Yerwot?!?" and instantly froze. Which meant resetting the whole flippin' thing and starting again. What use is a computer that can't comprehend fairly basic formulaic equations nah - Linux rules,chaps 'n' chappettes!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top