Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Now,that may have beneficial effect,Ffosse-IF I didn't live on an island and if the nearest Apple Shop wasn't 46 miles away. HOWEVER,all is not lost-for last night was spent re-aligning and implanting a 7-section codec into the Apple biorythmic algorythm....ergo,that iPad has now become amenable to having Linux installed over the base o/s. It's loading atm,via a 'stand alone' HDD that I rescued form an old HP tower system,to use as a storage modem for 'in progress' equations etc,right here,right beside this Dell [which,one has to say,really has impressed me with it's speed,fluidity,and responsiveness-but that's by-the-by]....so,I'll let you know how it goes. [just don't tell Apple-they'll be less than impressed]
Much of that went right over my head except that you've managed to install Linux on an iPad.

Some techy things I'm pretty clued up on; others I have no idea. For instance I've barely ever used a Microsoft product thus have no clue about Windows or Microsoft's own products (do they still make anything apart from the surface?)

I like Apple products for their simplicity of use and aesthetics. Most of them come with a built in tips app but I find them intuitive. Was my phone worth £1000? Perhaps not, but it is the best phone I've ever owned. Same goes for the iPad - iOs 11 really opened up its possibilities but I tend to stay away from the ultra techy side of things and just enjoy the device.

My MacBook may be a glorified Chromebook for all I use it for: I should really investigate more of what it can do, but I find it fine as is even with just the one USB-C port. I was surprised genuinely the other day when I discovered that it had a 3.5mm headphone jack. I, like many others have moved away to BT head and earphones.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:27 PM

YES,it's loading perfectly....and WITHOUT needing to 'jailbreak' the iPad!

[If one were of lesser breeding,one would be demonstratively jubilant]
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
YES,it's loading perfectly....and WITHOUT needing to 'jailbreak' the iPad!

[If one were of lesser breeding,one would be demonstratively jubilant]
Pug, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to set your IPad up the way you want it ... hope it all goes well
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 09:15 PM

Inherited an iPad from Mrs Dobra. How can I reset it to as new condition please, so I can start from scratch ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Inherited an iPad from Mrs Dobra. How can I reset it to as new condition please, so I can start from scratch ?
This video may help you Dobra .....

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:56 PM

There is a setting.

Settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings.

This will give you an as new iPad.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top