Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 06:40 PM

Re: Do you have AA, RAC or other breakdown services.

I think you have to be careful with automatic renewals, some companies hike the price up after the initial 12 months and hope you won't notice.

I've been with AXA breakdown for 3 years now. I have Home start, Relay/Rescue and Roadside plus a few extras and it cost me £43 for the whole year, plus it was a couple of quid cheaper than last year.

And I always pay by credit card rather than direct debit as it stops them from being able to automatically continue coverage and sneak these price hikes in.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 06:47 PM

Why pay seperately for breakdown cover?
I have a LLoyds Platinum account. Current cost £17 going up to £19 from first of July.
I get AA breakdown including homestart and relay.
I also get worldwide travel insurance for my wife and I.
Plus other bits and bats.
Thats £228 a year, less than the travel insurance would cost!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 06:56 PM

I think I am going to shop around.
My car is an old banger 12 years old. Shes been running ok, touching wood and crossing my fingers, in fact while I was laid up for eight weeks she started 1st time when I got back. The engine warning light actually went off last week and thats been staying on telling me the engine has failed for well over eighteen months now.

If she passes the MOT again in four months that would be three years in a row, I'm even thinking of painting her as the clear coat has gone off and shes shedding flakes like terminal dandruff. Hammerite gloss yellow will be as near as damn it match.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
My car is an old banger 12 years old. Shes been running ok, touching wood and crossing my fingers, in fact while I was laid up for eight weeks she started 1st time when I got back. The engine warning light actually went off last week and thats been staying on telling me the engine has failed for well over eighteen months now.

If she passes the MOT again in four months that would be three years in a row, I'm even thinking of painting her as the clear coat has gone off and shes shedding flakes like terminal dandruff. Hammerite gloss yellow will be as near as damn it match.
If the engine warning light is on it will fail it’s mot
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:38 PM

I alternate between the AA and RAC going through Quidco to get money off.
Last year I paid £79 for the AA their renewal came in at £120 for this year,rang them up but they wouldn't budge on price.
Went on quidco RAC £114,but with £46 cash back,making £70 for the year.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Why pay seperately for breakdown cover?
I have a LLoyds Platinum account. Current cost £17 going up to £19 from first of July.
I get AA breakdown including homestart and relay.
I also get worldwide travel insurance for my wife and I.
Plus other bits and bats.
Thats £228 a year, less than the travel insurance would cost!
That sounds a good deal !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:08 PM

I've been with Green Flag for the last four years and by coincidence just renewed it today for another year. Full cover for everything except European travel (which we don't need ), to include any car we happen to be travelling in whether we own it or not for £9 a month, which I reckon is a bit of a bargain compared with many of the others..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

lets hope the old girl passes another MOT. As for the engine warning light, remove the bulb.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:35 PM

I swap every year between the AA and RAC through Quidco as they offer about £50 off for new members.....works out quite cheap with the discount.

www.quidco.com
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
lets hope the old girl passes another MOT. As for the engine warning light, remove the bulb.
Easier said than done, removing a bulb, if it is a bulb and not led, could involve removing the whole dash..nightmare!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top