Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Night School v Correspondence Courses

Do any members take any courses?
If so do you prefer Night School or Correspondence?

I love to learn new things - have withdrawal symptoms if I have nothing on the go. Just embarking on Level2 of the Forensic Psychology course. This is a correspondence one and is absolutely fascinating.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:00 PM

Re: Night School v Correspondence Courses

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Do any members take any courses?
If so do you prefer Night School or Correspondence?

I love to learn new things - have withdrawal symptoms if I have nothing on the go. Just embarking on Level2 of the Forensic Psychology course. This is a correspondence one and is absolutely fascinating.
Yes, it does sound fascinating and impressive! ST.

I haven’t done any Night School or Correspondence Courses. l have only been to iPad classes, Creative Writing and Art classes but these were usually in the daytime.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:01 PM

I have done evening courses but I don't know what a correspondence course is.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have done evening courses but I don't know what a correspondence course is.
Also known as 'Distance learning', Dongles, like the Open University. Many others now offer it as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Also known as 'Distance learning', Dongles, like the Open University. Many others now offer it as well.
Ah, I see. I don't think I would be able to concentrate on something like that. I would prefer to be in a classroom I think.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 09:02 PM

ST, Do you remember on television, years and years ago, there was an Open University Channel.
I wonder what happened to that?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-06-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, Do you remember on television, years and years ago, there was an Open University Channel.
I wonder what happened to that?
Direct computer downloads took over, Artangel. I can remember doing "Industrial Archeology" with the OU and having to stay up half the night to catch the programmes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-06-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah, I see. I don't think I would be able to concentrate on something like that. I would prefer to be in a classroom I think.
Depends on what I am studying, Dongles. Some things - especially practical things - I would agree one needs to be in a classroom and able to interact with Tutor and fellow students, wap ideas, ask questions etc.,

Level 1 Forensic Psychology - which I did last year - was all distance learned - and I really had to discipline myself to a set time allocation each day for it to work, but I had telephone access to a Tutor if needed. Must have done something right - I passed the exam with distinction. This year will be slightly different as there is practical work to be done.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top