Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Re: Genesis

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oooh Floydy, I'm always playing Mama .... it makes me weak at the knees. I always crank up the volume as loud as I can. Really one of THE best IMO (just going off to swoon)
Yes, great track Pesta.

Funny how Phil Collins became a sex symbol though. But I'm a bloke, there must be something about him I suppose!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Another of my favs:

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, great track Pesta.

Funny how Phil Collins became a sex symbol though. But I'm a bloke, there must be something about him I suppose!
He's a shadow of his former self now though
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
He's a shadow of his former self now though
Poor bloke looks really ill actually. He's got all sorts of rheumatic illnesses apparently.
But what a legacy though. Nice to hear Silver rainbow again, haven't heard that for ages.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

13-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Poor bloke looks really ill actually. He's got all sorts of rheumatic illnesses apparently.
But what a legacy though. Nice to hear Silver rainbow again, haven't heard that for ages.
I think it was something to do with his back - an operation or a fall. (Memory fail and too lazy to Google)
Whatever, he does looks a mere shadow, but he keeps on going

Another fav of mine:

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 01:07 AM

The best of his albums, for me, is No Jacket Required.
Hands down, love every song on that cut still today.

So call me sappy...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
The best of his albums, for me, is No Jacket Required.
Hands down, love every song on that cut still today.

So call me sappy...
Sappy!

I’m a big genesis fan also.
You’ve got great taste.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-08-2018, 03:21 AM

Nice thread this, Spitfire. I keep thinking of more of their great songs.

I think I mentioned before that my favourite songs by Genesis are the lengthy epics, which usually ended their albums. Peter Gabriel-era classics such as "Supper's Ready" and "The lamb Lies Down On Broadway" suite.

But being more of my generation I can listen to later Genesis mega-songs over and over again. The "Duke" album is in my all-time top 10 as I noted in my albums thread. The closing "Duke's Travels/Duke's End" with it's layers of keyboards in full flow, then a track like "Home By The Sea" from their eponymous 1983 album and this classic from the "Invisible Touch" record in 1986 - "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight":

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:20 AM

Suppers Ready & Lamb Lies Down on Broadway were my favourite. Peter Gabriel influenced were favoured by me. Gabriel brought such depth to it.
He’s my favourite male vocalist
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:34 AM

Probably around the last time i saw them live.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top