Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:11 AM

Roger Waters

As you know from my username and the way I rattle on about the band every chance I get, I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan.
Tomorrow I'm lucky enough to have tickets to see the main songwriter of this legendary group live at Liverpool's Echo Arena. Can't wait!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:14 AM

Re: Roger Waters

Sounds great Floydy. I'm sure you will have a great time.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sounds great Floydy. I'm sure you will have a great time.
Yeah mate, I've read some reviews of other dates on the tour and he has a great band with him, an 80-foot wide screen and plays a lot of Pink Floyd material which isn't often heard, especially much of the 'Animals' album. Can't wait, thanks
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yeah mate, I've read some reviews of other dates on the tour and he has a great band with him, an 80-foot wide screen and plays a lot of Pink Floyd material which isn't often heard, especially much of the 'Animals' album. Can't wait, thanks
I was going to ask if he would be playing Floyd songs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was going to ask if he would be playing Floyd songs.
Most of the concert will feature Pink Floyd songs I reckon, looking at previous set lists, as well as some of his solo work. he goes way back too apparently to the Syd Barrett days.
There is a full concert from this tour on YouTube currently but I'm resisting the temptation to watch it. I want to see the gig first. I'll post it after that.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:18 AM

It should deffo be good if they are doing some tracks from Animals - my fave floyd album.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Got back from Liverpool last night after a great couple of days away (excepting British Rail problems of course!) and I report back to say that the concert was fabulous. Roger looked pretty good for 74, the band were sublime and the set consisted mostly of Pink Floyd material with some tracks from Waters' last album too.

There was an 80 foot long screen as a backdrop with great lights and an even bigger 'drop down' box-type screen over the seated area in the concert arena, which was different.
Loved it all the way through, the highlight being the tracks from DSOTM and The Wall, but all the songs were immaculately performed. We all had a great time and the folks in Liverpool are lovely people.

Fender - the second half opened with Dogs and Pigs (Three Different Ones) from Animals and was a highlight of the concert.
Here's a full show from a previous gig, with a couple of shorter clips from other shows:

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Wish I was there!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-07-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Wish I was there!
Oh it was brilliant, TessA.
I've just edited my above post to include a couple of shorter pieces.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-07-2018, 04:08 PM

That looks impressive Floydy. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top