Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:13 PM

Re: A Big Day

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Ah, but you see, he didn't really SAY

all that, it was just FAKE news. Do try to keep up.

Now he says “she’s doing a terrific job” and “She’s a total professional,”

He didn't [B]SAY[B] there might be no trade deal with the
US because now he's saying:“We want to trade with the U.K., and the U.K. wants to trade with us,”

And he's magnanimously going to allow us to make our own deal with the EU. “Whatever you do is okay with us. Just make sure we can trade together,”

There's a lovely pat on the head for his poodles.

I hope he never eats with any UK PM again, Someone who holds opinions as vile as his certainly does not deserve to remain in office.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8445811.html
You are totally out of your depth going head to head with shropshiregirl.
In future, save yourself the embarrassment and the rest of us from the Cringe !
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:59 PM

Right on cue, a member of the backslapper and suck up clique with your not at all devastating put downs. Where are the rest of your lynch mob, a bit slow today?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Right on cue, a member of the backslapper and suck up clique with your not at all devastating put downs. Where are the rest of your lynch mob, a bit slow today?
Ha ha....glad to see my comment hit a raw nerve
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:35 PM

It's of absolutely no relevance what Trump says about Brexit. The US won't stop trading with us.

What is important is that the City (our City) is not happy with the White paper not providing assurance for financial & professional services. Services are the most important sector of our economy. Clearly from some posts here that message hasn't sunk in.

Hard Brexit or crashing out is wishy-washy lazy thinking by people who don't understand anything about how food ends up on their table or how electricity is at the end of a switch or how they can get medicine or petrol for their car, they just expect it to keep being available like magic. Well, time to wise up guys. It's all a balance and you can wipe out our society by messing up that balance of payments with half-baked dreams of glory when you have no idea how anything works.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well said ST, It appears that although it has been 2 years, those of us who voted to leave can see clearly now why nothing was ever achieved in all that time. May is a Remainer through and through. She has played the voters by stretching out the time so it has come to this, exactly what she wanted from the beginning, the vested interests of British big businesses to remain tied to the EU whilst pretending to be the torchbearer for the 17.4 million who successfully voted to leave. She has obviously been aiming for a Hotel California Brexit all along.(you can check out but you can never leave!).

I am especially disgusted with her two latest escapades.. The first that she went cap in hand to see Mrs Merkel to disclose and discuss her white paper before even presenting it to her cabinet at Chequers. Even prior to the meeting, when one of her cabinet suggested a change to one of the points in the paper, her reply was “No, we cannot change it because it has already been approved by Mrs Merkel”. That says it all for me. Our Prime Minister is, and seems to have always been, in the pocket of the EU.

The second was the disgraceful way Brexit Ministers were treated at Chequers. To disrespectfully have their phones taken from them as they entered Chequers, Taxi cards blatantly placed on the table solely for their benefit, threats that if, after reading the white paper, they walked, they could walk the two miles to the entrance to Chequers where the media were in waiting and catch a taxi, as their ministerial cars would be removed! plus, they were informed (no doubt by her Rasputin chief adviser, Olly Robbins), that, if they resigned, there were plenty of MP’s waiting in line to fill their shoes.

I don’t know whether she thought she had it in the bag by Saturday morning, but she should think again. For 2 years Leave voters have been the “silent majority”, taking every form of abuse for wanting and then winning the democratic right to regain our long lost independence.
We rightly then expected our Prime Minister to duly deliver on her manifesto promise to leave with all red lines intact. We should have known better.

Posters on here may make every excuse on the planet to excuse her treachery. I certainly will not. She puts on the airs of being a Christian, Church-going, trustworthy Leader but, I now hold her in even less esteem than odious Tony Blair. (and I loathe him!).

All I can do now is hope that the Tory rebels will successfully sabotage her treacherous white paper. Even better, kick her out! As far as I am concerned,she has demeaned her office.
We have been utterly betrayed.
I have to hope she thought she was doing the right thing and in her mind the white paper delivers a good deal for the UK but I think she lost sight of what BREXIT means. It was daft of us all to think a remainer could deliver....I really think she should go.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:14 AM

Hi

When Cameron left, it was down to the Conservatives to elect a new leader.

They chose May, which speaks volumes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top