Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Re: In-Car Entertainment

Well not just in the car, I had my earphones in today ( sick to the back teeth of Radio 1 which is played in work ) so I just hit shuffle and listened to a bit of everyone, Elton, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Beetles, Queen, Oasis........
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mainly classical on Classic FM. I used to get into trouble while working for Royal Mail. After a hectic morning delivering on foot, I would return to the office in one of the vans. I inevitably ran into a traffic jam in the centre of Pontefract.
So I tuned the radio to Classic FM and how soothing is classical music when all the world around you is going mad...

Problem was; The next postperson to take out the van had to retune the radio to some headbanging stuff and would return to the office moaning.......

But anything by Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells being my all time favourite) Mark Knopfler, Fleetwood Mac, Thin Lizzy, Boston, Eagles, The Royal Philharmonic playing 'Hooked on Classics' or The Beatles......The list is endless....
Oh......and anything by Rick Wakeman...
Nothing wrong with that list bud.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nice to see mate A great driving rock album for summer
Yep! That will stay in there now and get played to death until the next one comes along.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 04:36 PM

I only have the wireless sorry radio on
Spectrum FM or Radio Gibraltar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yep! That will stay in there now and get played to death until the next one comes along.
Well I've finished my Genesis CD at last and decided to give Boston's classic some plays. It's just great for summer listening full blast.

Boston did do some more albums but nothing else was a patch on those first three.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 12:35 PM

Enigma, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis.
Or maybe some Trance with Tiesto or Matt Darey.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-08-2018, 09:35 PM

This week it's a mixture of singer-songwriters I've compiled for the car.
Edwyn Collins, Liam Frost, James Bay etc.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:09 PM

My main criterion for in-car music is that it must be singalongable. Nothing quite like belting along at high speed, loud music blaring out and my (frankly appalling) voice joining in. Don't care what passers by might think.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:10 PM

Do a lot of miles in short blasts, so, whatever the radio offers.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-08-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
My main criterion for in-car music is that it must be singalongable. Nothing quite like belting along at high speed, loud music blaring out and my (frankly appalling) voice joining in. Don't care what passers by might think.
Scott Walker's "Bisch Bosch" wouldn't be a particularly singalong album would it?

No, I don't care what they think either. It's my selfish little space and I'm happy in it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top