Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:04 PM

Re: Post your People Pics here

Sorry Tiff, didn't mean to sound a wet blanket.

But how would you feel if you found yourself on the net, do you think?
Or another scenario, what would you say if a stranger asked if he take your photo to post on the internet, would you give your permission, or tell him where to go?

It's probably just me being over sensitive. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I'd better pipe down.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Tiff, didn't mean to sound a wet blanket.

But how would you feel if you found yourself on the net, do you think?
Or another scenario, what would you say if a stranger asked if he take your photo to post on the internet, would you give your permission, or tell him where to go?

It's probably just me being over sensitive. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I'd better pipe down.
I get your point, Mups, but if you look at my pics both are used to having their pics taken.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I get your point, Mups, but if you look at my pics both are used to having their pics taken.

Yes, I agree.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:41 PM

There is no legal right to privacy but I don't usually put people photos on the Internet. I might if they are street performers, or someone putting themselves forward to be viewed by the public but not if they are just of the general public going about their everyday activities ..or wouldn't without asking them anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-07-2018, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
There is no legal right to privacy but I don't usually put people photos on the Internet. I might if they are street performers, or someone putting themselves forward to be viewed by the public but not if they are just of the general public going about their everyday activities ..or wouldn't without asking them anyway.

I agree about the street performers and such, Mart.

But can you tell me how you would feel if you had been sitting in the park, minding your own business and next day you saw your mugshot on the internet please?

Likewise, out of interest, if you had been approached and asked by a stranger, would you give your permission for your photo to be posted on the net, or not?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:10 AM

Blimey D00d. People watching is one thing but being a closet voyeur is a tad worrying....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 03:59 AM

Street / Candid is a valid form of photography done well its an art form. Its not something i do much of mainly street artists or events.I aim to capture some sort of action or expression.

There are groups on Flickr doing 100 Strangers, its designed to make photographers overcome being shy. You are supposed to approach a subject and ask if they mind you taking a photo, usually a portraiit, then ask a bit of info to go with the pic, something like im Nom and i like Wildlife.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 06:03 AM

Great photos, d00d, but I can't help agreeing with Mups.

I stopped sharing photos with a couple of my friends because I found out they were putting them up on facebook.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
With my little G7X camera between my knees I took a series of shots on the Broadwalk Kensington Gardens ... more to follow, you bet.
Covert photography of children in particular might just see you in court.

I have to say it sounds a bit creepy taking photographs with a hidden camera. If you were open with your camera and photography not so much an issue.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree about the street performers and such, Mart.

But can you tell me how you would feel if you had been sitting in the park, minding your own business and next day you saw your mugshot on the internet please?

Likewise, out of interest, if you had been approached and asked by a stranger, would you give your permission for your photo to be posted on the net, or not?
I wouldn't like it Mups and wouldn't give permission when asked if the photo could be put on the Internet. That's why I don't usually post photos of people.

It's often difficult to photograph a scene without people in it but if anyone is close enough to have recognisable features, i.e. not in the distance, then I'll wait until the shot is clear or not take the photo with the intention of putting it on the Internet.

That's only my own view though. We're all different and some will think it's OK to post photos of the general public going about their lives and some people wouldn't mind if those photos were put on the Internet. It's not always practicable to ask people it they would mind or not so it's just an area I steer clear of.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top