Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:10 AM

Re: We are doomed I tell you - doomed!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh heck, the one we ordered is 130 quid, it's a one concept is that the one you have summer. ?
I just looked mine is an Electra I It's rubbish honest so disappointed in It.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:23 AM

The planet is being destroyed. Everything prophesised is being proven. If we can reverse a bad situation, then we need to act quickly . Africa have been working towards plastic pollution for years and doing a better job than we have only just started.
Why are we, the west , so vain and arrogant that we think we set the trends for the worlds failures ?

Euphrates is drying up.
The Dead Sea is drying up
Birds are dropping from the skies
Shoals of fish are washed up on beaches
More Volcanic eruptions, and in the seas
More earthquakes
Disease
Starvation
Wars
Pollution
Over population
Rivers and seas turning red ( poisonous algae)
Ice caps melting at a huge rate

If someone can put forward something positive about our planets future, I would love to hear it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Reducing the population would solve many problems.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:27 AM

How do we do that ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
How do we do that ?
Education, laws and condoms.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

07-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Education, laws and condoms.
You're right in one way and for societies like our own. I fail to see that it would have any great impact over the next couple of generations in other parts of the world.
Time is not at a premium.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I bought an air cooler UJ specifically for a spare bedroom where my grandkids sleep when they stay. It cost over £100 and I have to admit it is a total waste of money...it works using water and ice packs....rubbish, it makes no impact on the room temperature whatsoever... I'm surprised yours works so well.. I would not recommend them at all.

You're getting it all wrong Summer darlin' - it's not a space cooler like full air conditioning, but directed at individuals, it can keep them cool in warm temperatures.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:47 AM

What a load of old scaremongering bullocks..........
There have been people forecasting the end of the world ever since there have been people....Too many books, films and people with overactive imaginations are to blame....
If there was no 24 hour news (like in our younger days when we had hot summers) You would just shrug it off as a good summer in a progression of bad ones and go about your business....

The climate may or may not be changing, it probably is, just like it always has, and there is absolutely nothing us mere humans can do about it........Obviously, if you're living the life of Riley, you feel guilty that you are one of the chosen ones and it must be your fault why this is happening....Well don't worry, we'll all be long gone before the apocalypse happens....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What a load of old scaremongering bullocks..........
There have been people forecasting the end of the world ever since there have been people....Too many books, films and people with overactive imaginations are to blame....
If there was no 24 hour news (like in our younger days when we had hot summers) You would just shrug it off as a good summer in a progression of bad ones and go about your business....

The climate may or may not be changing, it probably is, just like it always has, and there is absolutely nothing us mere humans can do about it........Obviously, if you're living the life of Riley, you feel guilty that you are one of the chosen ones and it must be your fault why this is happening....Well don't worry, we'll all be long gone before the apocalypse happens....
...I'm with You Kiddo..sod the doom & gloom merchants ..
ps..We've had showers here almost every day for a week now
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:57 AM

The problem is that these scientists are forever getting it wrong and crying wolf, weren't we supposed to be heading for a new ice age after a few cool winters in the sixties, but now after a couple of warm summers the apocolypse is upon us...

I must say though that wiping out the entire human race would probably be the best thing that could happen to Mother Earth to allow her to recover from us parasites for a couple of million years or so, for parasites is all that we are really.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top