Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:52 PM

Re: Beyonce reveals all - music and life

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
short music genre collection heh? - your not the guy that has a music thread on here are you?
I might have. If I have, it will contain proper music not a screaming Diva.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 04:59 PM

"proper music" - really what is "proper music" longdrops?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:24 PM

People our age are not meant to enjoy this sort of "music". Yes, we like and respect Abba, which is also pop-dance, but they came out with some supremely classy pop songs. Production and songwriting at its finest.

Beyonce is music for pre-teens, teens and women who care nothing about lyrics but just want to dance. The same people who like Bon Jovi because they think Jon is sexy. They care nothing about any sort of message the band may have in the words to their songs (not that I personally like th band that much anyway). That's the state of radio.

What really does gripe me is that Beyonce is part of a genre which is termed "R'n'B". Now forgive me, but doesn't that stand for "Rhythm and Blues"? Okay I grant you it has rhythm and a beat, but where's the blues in that sh!te?
R'n'B was The Yardbirds, early Who and Stones, Ray Charles. Not some headstrong drama queen out of touch with reality.

And please don't get me started on Rihanna. What she "sings" in her monotone drone are not even proper words.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:36 PM

is this just your opinion floydie or are you speaking as an music aficionado?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
is this just your opinion floydie or are you speaking as an music aficionado?
Both I reckon, Gumbud.
An observation which does appear to have some clout to it.
How many men do you seen at a Beyonce concert as opposed to women?
On the other hand, how many women like Pink Floyd? Not many I'd say as it's "intelligent" music for people who acknowledge musicianship.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:56 PM

She got booty, and she knows it.

And $355M in the bank.

Funny old world.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Front page of Vogue .... she must be something more than half naked black/white woman with a big tush bumping about on stage.

But I'm not au fait with such matters.
Yes she is. She's stinking rich as well.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Yes she is. She's stinking rich as well.
... sounds like you know something we don't

ie. how did she get to be so rich.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
people our age are not meant to enjoy this sort of "music". Yes, we like and respect abba, which is also pop-dance, but they came out with some supremely classy pop songs. Production and songwriting at its finest.

Beyonce is music for pre-teens, teens and women who care nothing about lyrics but just want to dance. The same people who like bon jovi because they think jon is sexy. They care nothing about any sort of message the band may have in the words to their songs (not that i personally like th band that much anyway). That's the state of radio.

What really does gripe me is that beyonce is part of a genre which is termed "r'n'b". Now forgive me, but doesn't that stand for "rhythm and blues"? Okay i grant you it has rhythm and a beat, but where's the blues in that sh!te?
R'n'b was the yardbirds, early who and stones, ray charles. Not some headstrong drama queen out of touch with reality.

And please don't get me started on rihanna. What she "sings" in her monotone drone are not even proper words.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

09-08-2018, 10:40 PM

have you ever heard of F.Sinatra; D. Martin or B.Crosby? - old croonies who just sang crap all their lives??

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top