Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 12:20 AM

Re: The EU Will Break It's Own Rules If It Doesn't Bend On Brexit.

We have to walk away, no deal and as quickly as possible.

No-one will take BrExit seriously until we do.

Once done, everyone will scramble to sort out the issues, trade deals and whatever.

Let's get it done.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Hi

If we are to walk away with No Deal the Government needs to get it's finger out big time.

Unfortunately there is little sign of this happening.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:28 AM

Mail today. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-movement.html

russels is preparing to climbdown on one of its Brexit red lines and concede to UK demands to keep trade links without free movement, it was today reported.

The EU is set to say that it will allow Britain to stay in the single market for goods while still being able to bring in border controls.

Theresa May has been on a charm offensive to desperately try to drum up support for her Chequers Brexit plan amid fears that the UK could crash out of the bloc without a deal next March.

But Brussels is said to be demanding its own concessions in return from the UK which could bind the UK to EU red tape and hamper the country's ability to do free trade deals.

They want the Prime Minister to pledge that the country will copy all new EU environmental, social and customs rules, The Times reports.

European leaders are expected to bring the proposal to the table when the heads of member states meet in Salzburg in Austria next month.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Hi

Hardly a climbdown for the EU.

It suits them, gives them an advantage as they sell more manufactured goods to us than we do to them.

It also means we have no access to Services, our biggest export.

It is a win, win for the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Mail today. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-movement.html

russels is preparing to climbdown on one of its Brexit red lines and concede to UK demands to keep trade links without free movement, it was today reported.

The EU is set to say that it will allow Britain to stay in the single market for goods while still being able to bring in border controls.

Theresa May has been on a charm offensive to desperately try to drum up support for her Chequers Brexit plan amid fears that the UK could crash out of the bloc without a deal next March.

But Brussels is said to be demanding its own concessions in return from the UK which could bind the UK to EU red tape and hamper the country's ability to do free trade deals.

They want the Prime Minister to pledge that the country will copy all new EU environmental, social and customs rules, The Times reports.

European leaders are expected to bring the proposal to the table when the heads of member states meet in Salzburg in Austria next month.
That is not acceptable to me.

I voted to leave the EU without any concessions.

What I have said before about never voting Conservative again if this is not delivered still applies and I am sure I am not alone.

May is heading for disaster, for herself and her party.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That is not acceptable to me.

I voted to leave the EU without any concessions.

What I have said before about never voting Conservative again if this is not delivered still applies and I am sure I am not alone.

May is heading for disaster, for herself and her party.
Perhaps its finally dawning on the EU that they are hurting their own interests, i wont hold my breath mind you.

I dont adhere to project fear
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Who got you in this 'mess' in the first place? - not the Iron lady surely?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Who got you in this 'mess' in the first place? - not the Iron lady surely?
John Major.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Hardly a climbdown for the EU.

It suits them, gives them an advantage as they sell more manufactured goods to us than we do to them.

It also means we have no access to Services, our biggest export.

It is a win, win for the EU.
'Hardly a climbdown'

You are having a larf!

How often has Barnier et al touted their much vaunted 'Four Freedoms' ?

I said before and I'll say again, Every Red Line, Every Key Principle and every non Negotiable is open for debate if the stakes are high enough.

You just want the negotiations to fail because you have an axe to grind with the UK Govt from your previous employment.

Barnier is being sidelined.

May's much criticised European charm offensive is already paying dividends.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

11-08-2018, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
John Major.
Heath got there first, add in Camoron and May.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top