Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:19 PM

Re: Chrome update

One way around small text on the Bookmarks Toolbar is to rename the bookmarks in capital letters. Not only that but the names can be abbreviated. For instance:

OFF - Over 50s Forum.
WTR - A weather site bookmark.
FVW - Freeview television channels.

You can get more bookmarks on the bar this way. There are also the icons that go with the bookmarks (called 'favicons'). These help to quickly identify a bookmark, so having a whole word as a bookmark isn't perhaps necessary.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
One way around small text on the Bookmarks Toolbar is to rename the bookmarks in capital letters. Not only that but the names can be abbreviated. For instance:

OFF - Over 50s Forum.
WTR - A weather site bookmark.
FVW - Freeview television channels.

You can get more bookmarks on the bar this way. There are also the icons that go with the bookmarks (called 'favicons'). These help to quickly identify a bookmark, so having a whole word as a bookmark isn't perhaps necessary.
Thanks. That might be worth a try.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:52 PM

My MacBook has recently wanted me to sign into Chrome before using it. I can bypass it but it's a bit of a pain. Not sure if this is related to a Chrome update.

Overall I like Chrome and have it on all my devices. I don't like Safari, Edge or Firefox and I've built up my bookmarks over years now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My MacBook has recently wanted me to sign into Chrome before using it. I can bypass it but it's a bit of a pain. Not sure if this is related to a Chrome update.

Overall I like Chrome and have it on all my devices. I don't like Safari, Edge or Firefox and I've built up my bookmarks over years now.
Apart from the change in bookmark listing, I have had no trouble with Chrome. I have found it, and gmail, very reliable. I can open my gmail account without the need for any password; on the other hand, my VM email needs my to click a few times and enter my password twice! For that reason, I tend not to use it any more.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-08-2018, 08:55 PM

No doubt this thread has now been long forgotten, but I have now discovered an ideal alternative which may (possibly) be of interest to other Chrome users.

Settings (the three vertical dots) / Bookmarks / Bookmark Manager - this opens a full list of all bookmarks in a new tab (which I have moved to the far left of the others, just out of preference).

This is easy to access and much easier to read than the Bookmarks Bar drop-downs.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top