Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 05:25 PM

Received a present you hated?

Have you ever received a present that you really hated?
What was it?
Why did you hate it?
Who gave it to you?
And .... what did you do with it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 05:37 PM

Re: Received a present you hated?

Yes - a second hand 'handbag'... still with old wrappers inside ....
Didn't like the bag at all .....
My 'bleep........' sister
Threw it in the bin !!!

BTW - she wanted the best of everything, and woe betide ya - if you didn't get it exactly right !
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 05:41 PM

In the bin sounds good
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Yep, every year without fail, one of my SIL is convinced I love the big box of M&S dark chocolates with soft centres that she gives me as a crimbo present because when she asked me if I liked them after buying them for the first time, I must have sounded too enthusiastic when thanking her. I absolutely hate them so always leave the wrapping paper on them, take the label off and put a new one to a SIL on my husbands side. I know, I will suffer when I meet my maker (and my SIL!!)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 06:00 PM

Shhhh :-)
A Christmas gift from my son ,
..heated foot warmers in the shape of a hippopotamus
.. this for a woman with hot feet which swell...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 06:04 PM

From my boss ,
..Year 1, a diary already written in by someone
..Year 2 an individual hand blown glass Christmas tree bauble . I never have a Christmas tree

beat that
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 06:06 PM

yes a brown handbag and when I said I didn't like the colour brown my M-in-law handmade me a Pinafore.
When I said that a pinafore to me means a slave to the kitchen and housework, she never bought me anything else
Thank God.
Must say I loved her to bits but so old fashioned I cant tell you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-06-2013, 06:12 PM

and another
..one of the African young ladies I looked after gave me a handbag made of some animal with part of the animal still clinging to it

How she got it through customs heaven knows
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
and another
..one of the African young ladies I looked after gave me a handbag made of some animal with part of the animal still clinging to it

How she got it through customs heaven knows
EEK
As for the feet Meg - my heart goes out to you, suffer terrible I do, can barely walk on the things in the summer
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 07:23 PM

My first wasband gave me an Xmas present,(once) it was a wooden model ship building kit, he of course spent the next month building it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top