Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Re: Is it a conspiracy?

There seems to be a lot of 'coincidences' surrounding the origin of this virus Cinders, and something else that's quite puzzling.....Italy, France, Spain and the UK. Not to mention the US of A....The speed of transmission in these modern countries is phenomenal, it's almost like it's been deliberately spread by one or more carriers....

However, Bubonic Plague and other major viruses in the past always seem to originate in China....Long before any labs or modern technology existed.....Why is that?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I believe it was spread by aliens from outer space, and are ready to take over the planet when we are all dead.
As good a theory as any Emjay. It was actually thought that a passing comet always caused a new virus on earth.....

But you have to admit, that if I told you what is happening now last Christmas, you would have dismissed it as just another conspiracy theory invented by crackpots....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There seems to be a lot of 'coincidences' surrounding the origin of this virus Cinders, and something else that's quite puzzling.....Italy, France, Spain and the UK. Not to mention the US of A....The speed of transmission in these modern countries is phenomenal, it's almost like it's been deliberately spread by one or more carriers....

However, Bubonic Plague and other major viruses in the past always seem to originate in China....Long before any labs or modern technology existed.....Why is that?
Good post so did some googling.

Bubonic plague was discovered in 1320 in the Gobi Desert.

Some think it was northwestern China, southwestern China, new research shows that it began in the spring of 1346 in the steppe region, where a plague reservoir stretches from the north-western shores of the Caspian Sea into southern Russia. People occasionally contract plague there even today.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
People occasionally contract plague there even today.
I wonder how? Is it still lurking in the population?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
I wonder how? Is it still lurking in the population?
Gruesome, plague dead were thrown into rivers or sea.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Gruesome, plague dead were thrown into rivers or sea.

Which brings me to ask again - who is handling the bodies of the people who are dying?
Are undertakers taking them?
If so, how come that is safe?
Does it mean the virus dies along with the body? Do they even know?

Personally, as I have said before, I believe no one should be buried in cases like this. It must be cremation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Which brings me to ask again - who is handling the bodies of the people who are dying?
Are undertakers taking them?
If so, how come that is safe?
Does it mean the virus dies along with the body? Do they even know?

Personally, as I have said before, I believe no one should be buried in cases like this. It must be cremation.
I had a look at the BBC bitesize for information on viruses and there seems to be a contradiction...
On the one hand it points out that a virus is not alive.....
So why do they go on to explain how long a virus can live without a host?...

Viral diseases
Hepatitis C virusBiomedical illustration of hepatitis C virus
Viruses are not alive because they do not complete all of the seven life processes: Movement, Respiration, Sensitivity, Nutrition, Excretion, Reproduction and Growth.

We say 'strains' of virus and not species. They are made of a relatively short length of genetic material DNA which is surrounded by a protein coat.

The life cycle of a virus is the same as other pathogens. They can often survive outside a host for long periods of time. When they have infected a suitable host cell or cells, they replicate themselves within the cell thousands of times. They do not divide and reproduce, but replicate their DNA and protein coats. These are then assembled into new virus particles. The host cell or cells then burst and other nearby cells can be infected with the virus. This process can be as quick as twelve hours in the case of the Norovirus or several days for Ebola.

Viral infections cannot be treated by antibiotics.

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:16 PM

An interesting fact about the plague, Dutch sailing ships were the only ones who came into London to deliver goods during the plague, and I think were given freedom from paying docking fees ( or some such thing) and its where the term. Dutch courage comes from..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
An interesting fact about the plague, Dutch sailing ships were the only ones who came into London to deliver goods during the plague, and I think were given freedom from paying docking fees ( or some such thing) and its where the term. Dutch courage comes from..
I never knew that - thank you, Primus.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-03-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Can we expect a visit from Solasch shortly?....

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top