Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 07:45 AM

Re: Lark or owl?

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'm a night owl - often up till 6am
You're just putting on your pj's when I'm waking up
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 08:05 AM

A bit of both. I get sleepy in the early evening and can head to bed about 10ish, but if I stay up I get a second wind and can be wide awake at 2am. I also love reading in bed, so if its a good book I could be awake most of the night. OH is definitely an owl. He claims he can only sleep for 6 hours so if he doesn't want to be awake at the crack of dawn he won't go to bed until after 1am.
rune
New Member!
rune is female 

11-08-2009, 08:34 AM

Niether----and I can get quite sleepy mid day as well----its a hang over from ME/burn out.

rune
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Early riser , and early to bed for me... OH is the same, although he takes a bit of getting going in the morn.... till he has his morning cup of coffee
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 10:59 AM

Neither - sleep is one of the great pleasures in life IMO. After avoiding housework.
Scorpio
UK
Scorpio is female  Scorpio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 11:46 AM

I'm not normally in bed much before midnight but Clive is very often on his way up at about 9ish. The I'm first up when the alarm goes off in the morning at 6, make us a cuppa and then out with Leon.

Clive always says I look exactly the same in the morning as when I go to bed...full of beans, whereas he has bags under his eyes until mid day. I don't know that what he says is true but I am a happy person, most of the time, and I think it just shows in my face.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 11:53 AM

I always used to be a lark, never up after 5am but then I would be falling asleep on the sofa by 9pm and in bed asleep by 10.
These days however I am rarely in bed by midnight, get up about 4am for the loo and often sleep till about 7.30, some days I am still up by 6am though but I struggle.
I used to jump out of bed in the morning as well and be raring to go, these days it takes me ages to get my act together.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 12:52 PM

I am definitely an owl but only moderately so! In bed by midnight and not good at getting up in the morning. These last few days, MIL who is 88 is up before us and wandering about the house - that's what's been waking us before the alarm. She always seems to do it on Sunday mornings too. Her current medication is meant to help her sleep ....... but it works better during the day.

Edit to say: If she had all her marbles, I might give her a lesson on the computer and get her to join this forum, but unfortunately she's not able enough.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Neither - sleep is one of the great pleasures in life IMO. After avoiding housework.

Soulmate!! That is me too!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm a night owl as I have trouble sleeping, some nights I get just 3 or 4 hours sleep but I still wake up and get up about 7.30 - 8.00am each morning.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top