Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Houses of Parliament

We are off to London tomorrow, have booked a tour around the Houses of Parliament which I hope will be interesting. I really would like to sit in the Speakers chair in the House of Commons and shout out "Order! Order!"

Has anyone else done the tour?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Re: Houses of Parliament

I haven't done an official tour but there was a time when my daughter thought she wanted to be a political journalist and we met out MP at the HoP and he gave us a 'private tour' if you like. We saw (among other bits i've forgotten, I'm sure) their private offices, the tea rooms and the Chamber.
Bet you will be amazed at how small it (The Chamber) is, especially compared with the lobby where you'll probably assemble, and Westminster Hall. And I bet you get to hear the origin of the phrase "It's in the bag"

Have a great day
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Lol I can just imagine you doing that too Mags

Never been so hope you take plenty of pics! Have a great time
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Lol I can just imagine you doing that too Mags

Never been so hope you take plenty of pics! Have a great time
I'm not sure if you are allowed to take photos inside, Azz I hope we'll be allowed a few though....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-08-2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I haven't done an official tour but there was a time when my daughter thought she wanted to be a political journalist and we met out MP at the HoP and he gave us a 'private tour' if you like. We saw (among other bits i've forgotten, I'm sure) their private offices, the tea rooms and the Chamber.
Bet you will be amazed at how small it (The Chamber) is, especially compared with the lobby where you'll probably assemble, and Westminster Hall. And I bet you get to hear the origin of the phrase "It's in the bag"

Have a great day
I'll be listening intently now to hear the origin of "It's in the bag", DM
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 08:47 PM

I've never been.....Hope you have a great time x
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 10:09 PM

Have a great time Mags....If you sit in the speakers chair you have to wear the wig!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 10:15 PM

Never been in the Houses of Parliament-hope you enjoy it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-08-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Have a great time Mags....If you sit in the speakers chair you have to wear the wig!
that might be an improvement Moli!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
that might be an improvement Moli!
That I would love to see

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top