Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Re: Things you've tried but didn't like?

Olives, pickled eggs, prawns, I'm sure there's many more!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Oh, I forgot picked eggs! And sour cream.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Ooh....pickled egg, I can't stand the smell or taste of them!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Liver.....yuk - Black Puddings.....yuk and Oysters.....yuk yuk yuk ! Tried an Oyster once-never again-just couldn't swallow it-making me heave thinking about it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Yuk to liver! Also oysters raw; like fried ones.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Black Pudding.... food of the Gods yum yum.

Marmite....... Yuck

My one and only daughter who is really nice most of the time but loves Marmite, has a lot of American friends and when they visit dear old Blighty she with a couple of friends take them out for breakfast and say they must have a Marmite soldier, funny thing they still remain friends after.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Are we just talking food here ,
I can think of a number of things I have tried and didn't much like
..back to food, I hate Chicken, the very smell of it cooking turns my stomach, yuk! I used to pass a shop in Ledbury with chickens cooking on a spit and had to cross the road.

..don't like nasty bits of animal like feet/head/tongue/brains etc (shudders) .
..parsnips,turnips, and I can live without tasteless marrows and squashes so fashionable at the moment.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 05:00 PM

Any offal, apart from liver - yuk!
Parsnips - yuk!

Those soggy spongy fingers soaked in sherry at the bottom of trifle - well, trifle in general really; but not counting the banana, rum, coffee and chocolate one my mum sometimes made as a big treat!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 08:05 PM

Food - steam clams (I think that's what they called them; a Maine specility) Oh yukky yukky - like a plastic bag with slimy fishy bits and tons of sand too. *Shudder*
rollmops - I'm not fond of vinegar anyway, and vinegar and raw fish ... nein danke.
Not tried but not fancied - raw oyster. As somebody once said - "He was a brave man who first ate an oyster"

Non food - archery. Actually I quite lked it but the string kept whizzing back across my forearm, leaving a bruise from wrist to elbow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-08-2009, 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=dinahsmum;3475

Non food - archery. Actually I quite lked it but the string kept whizzing back across my forearm, leaving a bruise from wrist to elbow[/QUOTE]

DM, they're supposed to give you an arm guard to avoid that! A leather thing that you just tie on! I never shot without one.

Food dislikes I'd left off: sushi, sashimi, sausages, macaroni and cheese ( the packaged one that comes in a box ...yuk!)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top