Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 08:01 PM

Re: The washer women

When I was 7 we had a house with a wash house across the yard and a rag and bone man used to keep his horse just through the yard and when I was naughty my dad used to throw my hoola hoop on top of the wash house so I couldn't play with it...
Sue
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Re: The washer women

Originally Posted by cathy ->
i lived on a farm in scotland till i was 5. my mum had a twin sink and she used to pop me in the big sink with the sheets, i loved it. LOL glad she never put me through the mangle afterwards.
and when we moved to london. we had the tin bath. and a scullery.
when i was about 8/9 we went all posh and got a house with a proper bath. and i always remember my step-sister (i really hated her after this) she made me share a bath with my brother. and we had to STAND UP in the bath.
i wasnt happy. b4 that we used to go to balam street baths once a week.
now i just step into a power shower. and then use the automatic washing machine.
and the kids moan now a days if they cant have the most up to date mobile phone.
Oh Cathy, it's ages since I heard someone use the word Scullery.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top