Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Re: Dusting?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Quite right ... leave dust alone . It deserves to live an unpersecuted life like everyone else.

What is the B word then? What have I missed?
My home gets a once a week going over from top to bottom and that is it!. The only problem is that I have a dark oak hall table, and every time the sun streams through the front door glass, it shows every speck of dust! it sometimes looks as though no-one has touched it for a month, the amount of dust that seems to settle on it. This, in turn, shames me into having to quickly get that bloomin yellow duster out, because guaranteed, someone will choose to visit just at that time when it is looking like that.
No-one ever seems to visit when it looks pristine just after it's weekly polish!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 04:01 PM

Re: Dusting?

I remember when l had three children under 5, some housework wasn’t done. That included dusting!
l had a dark wood Ercol, round coffee table that my mother in law gave me. l wasn’t keen on it, so l put it under the stairs and used it as telephone table.
Some friends came to visit and after they’d gone, l noticed the words, ‘Clean me’ written in the dust!

It was only a joke and we are still great friends, fifty years later.
One of my daughter’s now has the table and l appreciate it more now.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top