Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:31 PM

Re: Breast ironing

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ridiculous as that is, as you say, it is their own choice so that's fair enough. Binding their breasts I can see might have been fashionable at one time but ironing your breasts?....... Really?
No, Longdogs. Julie and myself were referring to binding the breasts, particularly fashionable in the 1920's with the flappers, so I have just read.

Not referring to ironing the breasts in this country.

Although I am almost sure I remember my mum saying my grandmothers generation would bind their breasts either after or before child birth.
There might have been something in it, as my gran (apparently) had boobs like a young woman, when she died at 90 yrs of age.
Get your weights out
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No, Longdogs. Julie and myself were referring to binding the breasts, particularly fashionable in the 1920's with the flappers, so I have just read.

Not referring to ironing the breasts in this country.

Although I am almost sure I remember my mum saying my grandmothers generation would bind their breasts either after or before child birth.
There might have been something in it, as my gran (apparently) had boobs like a young woman, when she died at 90 yrs of age.
Get your weights out
Ah I see. Thanks PD. Strange how things are the opposite now. Everyone seems to want larger breasts.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:47 PM

Honestly I am amazed some of these people can walk upright .
I have never heard of this practise even in Africa where women tend to go around bare breasted in some communities.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:55 PM

If breast ironing and FGM and the practice of covering the face is an attempt to make girls less attractive to the opposite sex, I wonder how this promotes integration?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 02:03 PM

It was also common practice here for women - usually, but not always, upper class women - to employ a 'wet-nurse' to feed the child. They would then bind their breasts to inhibit milk production.

I have never before heard of 'ironing' the breasts. Totally barbaric.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 02:10 PM

And where did these practices of maiming a female's body originate?

Centuries ago. From the male of the communities. I am only saying males were taught they must be superior, right of passage, hunters and providers. Perhaps influenced by their fathers to find a way to make this law of the survivors.
Because they knew better than the Creator how females should be?
Trying to shape and disfigure women so they were not a threat to the village elders? To make females an inferior human, inflicting harm and scars as physical and mental evidence men were the rulers?

Through the ages it has most certainly not shown this barbaric reasoning for acts of disfigurement were to enhance females, has it? Yet the practices are allowed to continue today.

Incomprehensible.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 02:56 PM

OMG!...words fail Me
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Three weeks away from the gym and I thought someone had ironed mine!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:31 PM

When you google breast binding transgender pages come up...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
When you google breast binding transgender pages come up...
Oh well. The PC brigade have to keep those freaks happy with a mention I guess!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top