Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:37 AM

Re: Earth Hour

Didn't know it was today .
I will do it if I remember !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:49 AM

It'll probably still be daylight anyway at 8.30pm, so I won't have any lights on
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 09:00 AM

I wonder how much electricity we would all save, if we stopped charging our mobile phones for a week?
Just ask yourselves if you could manage without your mobile for a week, after all we all used to manage before we had them!

We could call that "Earth Week"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wonder how much electricity we would all save, if we stopped charging our mobile phones for a week?
Just ask yourselves if you could manage without your mobile for a week, after all we all used to manage before we had them!

I have an ancient mobile that keeps its charge for ages .
( however I do have a power hungry ipad and umm yes a computer )
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It depends what mood I'm in. I might actually turn some lights on.
Yep, me too Longdogs....

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No. I'll be at home watching TV and eating my evening meal.
Who dictates how we should run our lives? It's up to me.
I agree Floydy, it seems like we're going back to the middle ages. Whose bright (or should I say Dim) idea was this then. Don't tell me, the Green Party....Everyone who voted for the green party should have all their energy supplies disconnected so they can do their bit to save the planet! They certainly have their work cut out when most of the big powers couldn't give a toss, but the British will come along like a comic book hero and save the world....

Or was it those feeble enders in government after they ran down all the coal fired stations before they had alternative power generation in place. Oh! I forgot, for two days this year when we were assaulted by gales which blew all the clouds away we managed to supply the country with 50% of it's so called 'Renewable' electricity, and pay through the nose to the French who supplied the other half....Viva la France!

I was about to say 'I hope the lights are going off in Westminster' but they would probably do a better job because at the moment they are as much use as a one legged bloke at an arse kicking competition!

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No. Sod it. I might have lit a few fireworks to celebrate our departure from the EU but it was not to be.
Don't dispose of them yet Judd, I think I might have just the job for them.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:52 AM

Well I couldn't care much less about such things so no, I will absolutely not be turning anything off..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 11:02 AM

Sorry, no can do. If I turned the lights off it would probably end up with one of us tripping over the dogs.

All respect though to those that wish to do so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Didn't do it right did you ??? - should have placed them under theresa's arse. !!!
I'll volunteer.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-03-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
No, no lights off for me, but I won't have the TV on anyway so that'll do instead. That said, I haven't had the TV turned on in about 4 or 5 weeks anyway.
That's impressive Tachyon, how do you occupy your time without TV?
I can't imagine what Mrs Fox would do if I turned off her 'Life support'.....
Although we never watch TV while away on holiday, but the Humax recorder has its work cut out!
Anything thing we have recorded that lasts over an hour I don't bother watching, life's too short to sit watching hours of recorded programmes....Even Coronation Street......Er....well perhaps not the street.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Have you taken leave of your senses? How will the Millennials cope? They won't be able to walk around with their faces buried in their phones while nearly getting run over by a passing car or bus.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top