Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: Earth Hour

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you taken leave of your senses? How will the Millennials cope? They won't be able to walk around with their faces buried in their phones while nearly getting run over by a passing car or bus.
You could be right Judd, if they get run over by a bus they won't need their phones....so using them could save even more electricity.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's impressive Tachyon, how do you occupy your time without TV?
I'm reading via my Kindle or playing online computer games on the PC mostly. I like MMORPGs and Simulations, which absorb time nicely. I sometimes watch something streaming via the Internet from the comfy chair in front of my computer monitor. Of course, web forums keep me occupied when I have a cuppa.

My brother was even less interested in TV and didn't own one for about 25 years, only getting one when he was chairbound because of Parkinson's Disease. He could no longer write or use a keyboard, and could no longer enjoy his main interest in life, which he had a couple of doctorates in, so TV kept him entertained if not very occupied.

So, my evening power consumption for years has been the fridge, my PC, monitor and a couple of USB lights arranged over the keyboard. I think I am fairly minimalist, really.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 02:22 PM

I only used 595kWh in the last 3 months, (that's a lot for me) my electricity dd is £34 pm, in credit all the time.
I'm very careful so I think I've done me bit!
However, I will switch off my lights and probably TV as it's rubbish on anyway, and go sit the garden as I have solar lights out there ...

...if it's not too chilly

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top