Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:24 PM

Re: Things you wish you had done when younger?

Learnt to swim! I have zero buoyancy, but I can swim a depth, that's something!

I wish I'd left home while single instead of the usual excuse.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 06:16 PM

Gawd. Where do I start....!
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

21-07-2020, 06:32 PM

I know this will sound rather weird and creepy, but if I had to have a career after I was married, which I didn't, I would have thought about becoming an undertaker, if women did that job in those days. I think I could have coped well with it. My father forced me to start training as a nurse, which I didn't enjoy, and gave it up before I married at 19. However, I had no problem laying out dead bodies.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:20 PM

I wanted to nurse and my mother had forty fits and told me I'd never cope with all the "mess". (She was wrong) I allowed her to talk me out of it and trained as a shorthand typist instead. Interesting career but I know I would have enjoyed nursing more!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:08 PM

I wish I'd travelled more.

Kids nowadays see the world before getting there first job after uni. I traveled overseas once before I was 30. This is all partly my parents fault, partly mine. People were doing package holidays in the 70s, I was busy elsewhere.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I wish I'd travelled more.

Kids nowadays see the world before getting there first job after uni. I traveled overseas once before I was 30. This is all partly my parents fault, partly mine. People were doing package holidays in the 70s, I was busy elsewhere.
I suppose I did travel quite a lot. Not package holidays. South Africa, Taiwan, that sort of thing. Early age and above.

But I thought maybe here were younger. A farmer's boy. About three thousand sheep, cattle, my dogs.........

And not a loss else.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:39 PM

Theres loads of stuff I regret not doing.... mind I did loads of stuff too.

Hang gliding, arranged to do that a few times, but something always cropped up, swim the channel.. yes, a group of us mind... one in swim a mile or two then back in the boat, and someone else in..... yeah there were 5 of us, again there were problems... so we were going to water ski it on some funny type of ski.. again there were something that stopped us.

And theres loads more lol.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:49 PM

I regret not emigrating to New Zealand or Oz, especially now since this country is going down the toilet.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:04 PM

If wishes were horses. beggars would ride.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:05 PM

For years I always intended moving to the coast after my retirement.
It was always Cornwall where I thought I would end my days, but it never happened.
Cornwall had a special feel about it, and I always felt I belonged there.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top