Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:07 AM

Fashion accessories

These face masks are becoming a fashion accessory...looking at som of them.

Have you got fashionable ones?...what ever that is.

My glasses keep steaming up when I wear one on the bus.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:43 AM

Re: Fashion accessories

Pauline, l have heard lots of people saying their glasses steam up.... have you tried mini windscreen wipers?

A friend gave me a mask. He said, it’s a sport mask. It is black and has spare ?filters, so that you can wash the existing one.

I look like a giant insect in it and it really does ruin my street cred!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 10:05 AM

Daughter gave me the blue ones from her firms supply, in case I needed any, well, I will next week as we'll have to wear one in shops. I don't like them & I cant see how they'll protect us from the virus, if others have no mask, but if someone has it, it hopefully will stop them transmitting it to others.
Lots of home sewers have jumped on the band wagon & started making them here. How do you know which are the best type to buy though? They aren't cheap.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l have heard lots of people saying their glasses steam up.... have you tried mini windscreen wipers?

A friend gave me a mask. He said, it’s a sport mask. It is black and has spare ?filters, so that you can wash the existing one.

I look like a giant insect in it and it really does ruin my street cred!!

Your gorgeous..no matter what you wear.

Hey I bought some natural magnetic eyelashes....have you seen them?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Daughter gave me the blue ones from her firms supply, in case I needed any, well, I will next week as we'll have to wear one in shops. I don't like them & I cant see how they'll protect us from the virus, if others have no mask, but if someone has it, it hopefully will stop them transmitting it to others.
Lots of home sewers have jumped on the band wagon & started making them here. How do you know which are the best type to buy though? They aren't cheap.

I have no idea,which masks are the best,Tiff...

You made me Laff when you said home sewers..

Xxx
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Hi

Masks are not to protect you, they are for for protecting others if you are infectious.

Medical grade protective masks are not on general sale.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-07-2020, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Masks are not to protect you, they are for for protecting others if you are infectious.

Of course masks are worn to protect us....and no one knows who is infectious....as not everyone gets checked out..if they have symptoms.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:05 AM

I would imagine wearing a mask is a two way street; It protects other people from you (if you are infected) and will protect you from other people if they are infected...This virus is not a supervirus; But it has gained an unlikely reputation of being able to transcend all barriers, like superman, but I don't think it has the capability to navigate around an ill fitting face covering or manipulate itself through tightly woven fabric....Otherwise, half the population of Great Britain would be languishing in front of the TV or computer screen with a hot lemon in their hand and several snot filled tissues littering the floor....Dherrrrrrrrrrr!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Of course masks are worn to protect us....and no one knows who is infectious....as not everyone gets checked out..if they have symptoms.

Hi

Nope.

Only certain types of masks can provide protection.

It is not often that I say that someone is talking crap.

In your case it is right to do so.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes they are - I have just bought a box of 100 and a 100 Medical Grade Silicon gloves.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top