Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:30 AM

Re: Fashion accessories

Pauline, SF is correct in what he says .....

If I wear a mask, it will help to prevent me from passing the virus on to you. Similarly, if you wear one, it will help to prevent you passing it on to me. However, if one of us does not comply then that person can transfer the virus to the other, even if the other is wearing a mask.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

If I wear a mask, it will help to prevent me from passing the virus on to you. Similarly, if you wear one, it will help to prevent you passing it on to me. However, if one of us does not comply then that person can transfer the virus to the other, even if the other is wearing a mask.

If that were the case Tango, there will be a helluva spike next week.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

Hello,Tango....I will have to check that out online.....before I can agree with your agreeing with SF.

Then I will get back to you.....to stand corrected....if what you say is true.

Thank you,for your polite message to me.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

23-07-2020, 12:00 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbe...with-a-mask-on

How to stop your specs steaming up.

I found it helpful when wearing my mask on my trip to the supermarket on Monday.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 12:14 PM

If that were the case Tango, there will be a helluva spike next week.....

Precisely, OGF, which is why I find myself in the unique position of agreeing with our First Minister's more cautious approach.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 12:28 PM

From my understanding, most of these mask won't stop infection.. but most help, wearing a mask if you sneeze cough or shout by reduction of velocity help reduce spread..... doesn't stop it, but helps... by how much is not important.

Besides a big face mask can make you look ten years younger
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope.

Only certain types of masks can provide protection.

It is not often that I say that someone is talking crap.

In your case it is right to do so.

I stand corrected..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:27 PM

My masks are not a fashion item, I have a couple of thin things I purchased before lockdown which were in my medical box and I made more robust ones out of unused fancy teatowels with a lining of layers of butter muslin that I keep in stock for making marmalade.

I defy any germs to penetrate my masks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes they are - I have just bought a box of 100 and a 100 Medical Grade Silicon gloves.

Yes you are quite right Tabby.

Hope you didn't buy 100 of these FFP3 ones though - £175 for a pack of 20 !! :

https://www.hivepharmacy.com/product...fied-face-mask
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 02:53 PM

Well, I haven't got the virus, not been anywhere to catch it & I have the ordinary face masks so those will do for me. Will make me wonder, if the more effect masks I'll see being worn are by people who have it though.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top