Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:39 PM

Re: Fashion accessories

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l have heard lots of people saying their glasses steam up.... have you tried mini windscreen wipers?

A friend gave me a mask. He said, it’s a sport mask. It is black and has spare ?filters, so that you can wash the existing one.

I look like a giant insect in it and it really does ruin my street cred!!
I have one of those also black and it's officially a cycling mask. it looks really striking. Yes an insect would be one word for it! I stopped wearing it when a child walked past me staring open mouthed at my apocalyptic appearance. It's a bit like the ones Trump's entourage wear. Too menacing for my liking. I think the trouble with some of these masks is that they were designed for strapping men and when a woman puts one on it looks incongruous.

I usually wear the vertical folding ones with no vent that go over your ears, as they are comfortable, cool and breathable. I couldn't give a hoot about fashion designs.

Maybe they should design some with rude body parts to see if you get arrested. What next - political statements like in the 80s with katharine hamnett?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Pauline, SF is correct in what he says .....

If I wear a mask, it will help to prevent me from passing the virus on to you. Similarly, if you wear one, it will help to prevent you passing it on to me. However, if one of us does not comply then that person can transfer the virus to the other, even if the other is wearing a mask.
It depends on which report you read. Because there are reports that confirm wearing one does protect you too and that they were wrong to say it doesn't....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It depends on which report you read. Because there are reports that confirm wearing one does protect you too and that they were wrong to say it doesn't....
Hi

There are two types of mask, one of which stops you infecting others and another type which protects you.

They are very different.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

24-07-2020, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are two types of mask, one of which stops you infecting others and another type which protects you.

They are very different.
There are many types of mask/ face covering but they are changing their minds and adjusting estimates of protection afforded. Just the other day there was a media storm to say masks with valves should be caveated as they only protect the wearer. At the same time another study indicates 2 or 3 layers of 600 thread fabric gives great protection all round. Two months ago it was considered pointless wearing a mask. The general consensus now is any mask is better than no mask. So guidance is all over the place.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 04:00 PM

I come under the ''exempt'' list with my condition but at the beginning of March, I bought a box of the blue ones 25 in a box, plus a box of blue gloves, and we wear them whenever we go into the bank, or even to the corner shop. then when home again it's wash hands to either the tune of Happy Birthday to you or a verse of God Save The Queen!

I was told the other day that when wearing the blue mask, to ensure pleats are facing downwards and to bend the little wire iin the top to fit the bridge of your nose correctly. Also to prevent your glasses steaming up, put the mask on first and then your glasses over the top of the mask, that way, they will never steam up.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 05:50 PM

I went into the bank, wearing my mask, and everyone put their hands up.

The Teller threw me a bag of Money!

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I went into the bank, wearing my mask, and everyone put their hands up.

The Teller threw me a bag of Money!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have one of those also black and it's officially a cycling mask. it looks really striking. Yes an insect would be one word for it! I stopped wearing it when a child walked past me staring open mouthed at my apocalyptic appearance. It's a bit like the ones Trump's entourage wear. Too menacing for my liking. I think the trouble with some of these masks is that they were designed for strapping men and when a woman puts one on it looks incongruous.

I usually wear the vertical folding ones with no vent that go over your ears, as they are comfortable, cool and breathable. I couldn't give a hoot about fashion designs.

Maybe they should design some with rude body parts to see if you get arrested. What next - political statements like in the 80s with katharine hamnett?
Annie, After seeing what l look like in my giant black mask, l think you’re right! It could cause young children to stare and be petrified!
I think mine is a bit big too!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	111DA5C1-C356-4C0F-A562-8C8DBF6F2685.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	13349  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:38 PM

I make my own.
Our local shop has fun ones for kids with cartoon sharks, monkeys, tigers, pugs etc. mouths on them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I make my own.
Our local shop has fun ones for kids with cartoon sharks, monkeys, tigers, pugs etc. mouths on them.
TessA, Are they easy to make? Do you have a pattern that you could display on here?

Thank You if you have.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top