Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 12:34 PM

Ideas for a New Business

The changes/laws to how we now go about everyday living, has sadly devastated many businesses, both big and small.

For most existing businesses, costly alterations are required to comply with the new norm.

Sadly, the new norm will restrict business turnover and profits, meaning closure

With Change comes opportunity, is there a new business idea/plan, that can take advantage of the current situation, providing a needed profitable service

I believe Ordering on line with parcel deliveries has, and will increase much more due to today’s circumstances.

But the inconvenience of being in to collect, sign and record the delivery can be a pain.

So would you buy a Parcel Box that could be fitted to the front, side or where to your house, that could enable the delivery service to tap in a code for access to place the parcel in, whilst recoding the relevant information, time, date, parcel number and delivery man. Also this box could be used to return a parcel too
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:00 PM

Re: Ideas for a New Business

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
The changes/laws to how we now go about everyday living, has sadly devastated many businesses, both big and small.

For most existing businesses, costly alterations are required to comply with the new norm.

Sadly, the new norm will restrict business turnover and profits, meaning closure

With Change comes opportunity, is there a new business idea/plan, that can take advantage of the current situation, providing a needed profitable service

I believe Ordering on line with parcel deliveries has, and will increase much more due to today’s circumstances.

But the inconvenience of being in to collect, sign and record the delivery can be a pain.

So would you buy a Parcel Box that could be fitted to the front, side or where to your house, that could enable the delivery service to tap in a code for access to place the parcel in, whilst recoding the relevant information, time, date, parcel number and delivery man. Also this box could be used to return a parcel too
no is the short answer
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:06 PM

In a word, no.

Many vendors offer delivery to a local shop quite apart from click and collect. That apart the possibility of theft is very real indeed.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

23-07-2020, 01:30 PM

No not a practical suggestion, imo.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:55 PM

Would you buy a Parcel Box that could be fitted to the front, side or where to your house, that could enable the delivery service to tap in a code for access to place the parcel in, whilst recoding the relevant information, time, date, parcel number and delivery man. Also this box could be used to return a parcel too
That has already been done and was on Dragons Den and didn't get funding .

I think a lot of people now use the Delvery and collection lockers outside stores like Morrisons.

I don't have to be in for deliveries, my purchase instructions say 'please leave parcels in the meter cupboard in the front porch' and Hermes collect from there too and I get an email to confirm the collection. Likewise with most deliveries too now. Companies have smartened up their service since lockdown.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 03:09 PM

We've got a good set of neighbours that are usually around during the day. We all take in deliveries for one another so, no, I wouldn't buy such a box.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In a word, no.

Many vendors offer delivery to a local shop quite apart from click and collect. That apart the possibility of theft is very real indeed.
Valid points....

But as the local one stop here along with others have been struggling to cope with the recent volume of deliveries.

Yes security goes without saying.

The idea is for the convenience not to collect or drop off to return.
marciniak
wales uk

23-07-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That has already been done and was on Dragons Den and didn't get funding .

I think a lot of people now use the Delvery and collection lockers outside stores like Morrisons.

I don't have to be in for deliveries, my purchase instructions say 'please leave parcels in the meter cupboard in the front porch' and Hermes collect from there too and I get an email to confirm the collection. Likewise with most deliveries too now. Companies have smartened up their service since lockdown.
I wonder how they would fair in todays world, fear of infection, social distancing and the rest.

I think the supermarkets are for returns only now, again they are hitting overload too.

But I understand what you are saying...I am not saying this idea would work.
marciniak
wales uk

23-07-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We've got a good set of neighbours that are usually around during the day. We all take in deliveries for one another so, no, I wouldn't buy such a box.

Yesterdays deliveries arrived here, photograph taken.

We were asked if we would take in a parcel for a neighbour.. No problem, we done it loads of times, and neighbours have returned the favour, well thats what we do.

Apparently the driver how delivers said this is no longer the case... not everyone I'm sure, but his attitude indicated its more than a few.
marciniak
wales uk

23-07-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
No not a practical suggestion, imo.
I agree and can see drawbacks... but I can also the advantages of a services like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top