Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Winty
New Member!
United Kingdom
Winty is male 

26-07-2020, 11:00 AM

Moronville, a mask free zone

My apologies in advance for this rant.
It's like trapped wind, I have to purge it.
And I can purge it,because here in the local borough of Moronville anything is allowed.
I stupidly thought that it was the law that face masks had to be worn in shops from yesterday.
But not in the Moronville local convenience store where at least half the customers decided to exercise their constitutional right to ignore all laws,rules, and concern for their fellow citizens.
No matter, my face mask will doubtless protect me from the tens of litres of hot moist breath that they vent while ordering their cigarettes ,scratch cards, and share their excitement at the prospect of next weeks holiday in Barcelona.
I have the passing thought that if the police were here they would raise thousands in fines from this little shop alone but that is only fanciful ,police resources are in short supply and are much better deployed trying out their newly acquired traffic control aircraft to eliminate the threat of speeding motorcyclists on the Snake and Woodhead pass.
Ah well, as I leave the store I can at least feel reassurance knowing that the new normal is exactly the same as the old normal. Nothing changes here in Moronville🙂
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:14 AM

Re: Moronville, a mask free zone

Unless someone has a health reason for not wearing a mask, I can't see why they just can't get on with it. It's not difficult to do, despite the fact that the authorities feel the need to make endless videos and posters showing us how to put a mask on. As I have mentioned on another thread, those shopping in supermarkets (including Moronville) only need to wear a mask for half an hour at the most. Those working in the shop have to wear one for 8-9 hours.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:16 AM

Hi

Not too bad here, just the usual suspects and I avoid where they go.

Morrison's yesterday and Lidl today were exemplary.

If a shop is not enforcing, I am not using it.

The littlies are out playing, but low risk in the open air and they are keeping out of the gardens.

The car boot and Sunday market were also good, nearly everyone wearing a mask, a one way system and hand sanitiser.

The two big food stalls both had signs up. If you are not wearing a mask you are not getting served.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:20 AM

Tbh I'm not sure which is worse, the young people who don't even consider wearing a mask because they don't feel threatened by the virus or the older people that do, but paw over the bananas for ten minutes looking for the perfect one.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Tbh I'm not sure which is worse, the young people who don't even consider wearing a mask because they don't feel threatened by the virus or the older people that do, but paw over the bananas for ten minutes looking for the perfect one.
Intriguing, we have seen this, one elderly shopper taking one banana from different bunches. A member of staff offered assistance and the reply was they only took the odd one to make the bunches even.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:21 PM

Pretty much the same here.....Big fines would help.

Mrs M yesterday, couple behind entering the store, the guy said to the women you haven't done your hands...." no, it makes my hands feel all sticky and horrible "
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not too bad here, just the usual suspects and I avoid where they go.

Morrison's yesterday and Lidl today were exemplary.

If a shop is not enforcing, I am not using it.

The littlies are out playing, but low risk in the open air and they are keeping out of the gardens.

The car boot and Sunday market were also good, nearly everyone wearing a mask, a one way system and hand sanitiser.

The two big food stalls both had signs up. If you are not wearing a mask you are not getting served.

...... deleted ......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
...... deleted ......
Hi Read my post instead of attacking it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->

Mrs M yesterday, couple behind entering the store, the guy said to the women you haven't done your hands...." no, it makes my hands feel all sticky and horrible "

But there is no one to police it or fine people, Marciniak.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

26-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->

How stupid can you get!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top