Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Re: Moronville, a mask free zone

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi Read my post instead of attacking it.

The way you phrased it Swim, it sounded like if a shop didn't enforce it, you wouldn't bother with a mask
That is what made me comment.

I am guessing now you meant you wouldn't bother with the shop itself?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The way you phrased it Swim, it sounded like if a shop wasn't it enforcing it, you wouldn't bother with a mask.
That is what made me comment.
Hi

Only to you, plain as day to everyone else.

If a shop is not enforcing it I am not using that shop.

Simples.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Intriguing, we have seen this, one elderly shopper taking one banana from different bunches. A member of staff offered assistance and the reply was they only took the odd one to make the bunches even.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Only to you, plain as day to everyone else.

If a shop is not enforcing it I am not using that shop.

Simples.

Now you phrase it properly, I see what you mean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:37 PM

Just saw a man refused entry into Sainsbury's for not wearing a mask. He left but his response was that not putting the biscuits with the cakes was stupid.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:38 PM

Hi

Tesco are not enforcing it, a mistake as they are losing Customers to those who are.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But there is no one to police it or fine people, Marciniak.

Yes with Police saying they have not got the man-power, time, etc.

But although private property, I wonder if environmental services employees ( Local authorities ) have the power to issue such fines.

I know they can in public areas with warning signs, Litter dropping, dogs fouling and other stuff.

And in places I've seen, you could easily fine 10 or 20 people within an hour...... that's big money for someone at £100 each.

After a a hundred or so on the spot fines were carried out, people...not all, but most would wear masks when told.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 02:02 PM

One person has been fined for not wearing a face covering in a shop in the first two weeks since it became compulsory.

Police officers spoke to the man after seeing him without a mask in a supermarket in Jedburgh on 16 July.

He was advised of the guidelines but refused to comply and was given a £60 fixed penalty notice (FPN).

A spokeswoman confirmed it was the only FPN police had issued since the rule was introduced in Scotland on 10 July.
◾Face coverings now compulsory in Scotland's shops

Assistant Chief Constable Gary Ritchie said: "The chief constable has made it clear that we are asking people to take personal responsibility to do the right thing and remember the purpose of these measures is to aid the collective effort to stay safe, protect others and save lives by preventing the virus from spreading.

"Our officers will continue to engage with the public, explain the legislation and guidance and encourage compliance. We will use enforcement as a last resort only where there is a clear breach of the legislation."

He added: "A number of exemptions exist that mean certain people are not required to wear a face covering in a shop.

"We would encourage people to raise any concerns with business owners or staff in the first instance."

Everyone has been wearing facemasks in all the shops I've been in and haven't heard any complaints.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Yes with Police saying they have not got the man-power, time, etc.

But although private property, I wonder if environmental services employees ( Local authorities ) have the power to issue such fines.

I know they can in public areas with warning signs, Litter dropping, dogs fouling and other stuff.

And in places I've seen, you could easily fine 10 or 20 people within an hour...... that's big money for someone at £100 each.

After a a hundred or so on the spot fines were carried out, people...not all, but most would wear masks when told.

Yes, you're quite probably right there, Marciniak.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 02:12 PM

It should be habit now when leaving Home...keys,phone,purse/wallet,face covering...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top