Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:52 AM

Re: Moronville, a mask free zone

Absolutely!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:05 AM

Shops are having a hard time and many now closed. Wearing a face mask is understandable when going into a shop, but it also will drive more people to buy on line . This can only lead to more non essential shops closing, soon our high streets will be no more
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:10 AM

A mask isn’t so much bother .
FGS people are so blooming precious .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Winty ->
My apologies in advance for this rant.
It's like trapped wind, I have to purge it.
And I can purge it,because here in the local borough of Moronville anything is allowed.
I stupidly thought that it was the law that face masks had to be worn in shops from yesterday.
But not in the Moronville local convenience store where at least half the customers decided to exercise their constitutional right to ignore all laws,rules, and concern for their fellow citizens.
No matter, my face mask will doubtless protect me from the tens of litres of hot moist breath that they vent while ordering their cigarettes ,scratch cards, and share their excitement at the prospect of next weeks holiday in Barcelona.
I have the passing thought that if the police were here they would raise thousands in fines from this little shop alone but that is only fanciful ,police resources are in short supply and are much better deployed trying out their newly acquired traffic control aircraft to eliminate the threat of speeding motorcyclists on the Snake and Woodhead pass.
Ah well, as I leave the store I can at least feel reassurance knowing that the new normal is exactly the same as the old normal. Nothing changes here in Moronville🙂
I can understand how you feel Winty. I have been shielding since two weeks before the official lockdown started. I haven't been anywhere where others are except the medical centre. Both HWMO and I ensured we always wore masks and gloves.
For the first time, I went for a drive over the border into Wales last week for a nice first day out to a picnic area on the Horseshoe Pass in Llangollen.
On the way back, I decided to stop at an 'open til late' shop to buy a bottle of water. On went the mask and gloves and I strolled in - to see several people standing far too close to each other and completely disregarding the social distancing rule and not one mask or glove in sight!
It turned out that in Wales it was not compulsory to wear a mask!

My goodness, did I do a quick about turn and rush back to the car. It scared the bejabers out of me. To think that we had been protecting ourselves for months and yet someone there could have infected us because Wales does not follow the same Covid protection rules that England does.

It's ridiculous.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 01:14 PM

This might make it clear to the ones who refuse to comply..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	mask.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	13386  
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A mask isn’t so much bother .
FGS people are so blooming precious .
Spot on!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top