Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

27-07-2020, 08:42 AM

Re: Ordinary Life

Life hasn't been that much different for me, thank goodness.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:51 AM

Not too onerous.
Certain measures have to be taken.
Adaptation is a survival trait.
Either respond to the circumstances or not.
The situation will not change to accommodate the individual.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:57 AM

Life hasn’t been too bad once accepted.

Everything was for our own and others safety.

No good moaning, we’re all in the same boat.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:04 AM

I found Lockdown calm and soothing compared to "normality".
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:23 AM

Life up here on a farm is much the same as it was before the virus, so no problem there. The changes in my/our lives is.
1. No daily swim.
2. No Saturday nights out for a meal then the local with friends.
3. Wearing masks when at the shops.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:30 AM

Had serious illness for several weeks. Was marginal. Still got a long way to go.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 12:02 PM

When discussing one's life Spitty we must take the average and not just recent events (The topic title 'Ordinary Life' and not 'Lockdown Life') We have all managed to survive the ravages of life so far being as this is an over fifties forum, and throughout our lives we have been faced with the results of two world wars, the three day week, Brexit, Covid and host more natural and man made events......All these things could be considered 'Just posts in the fence of life' I mean! something's got to happen because nothing ever stays the same does it....

My life hasn't been ordinary until now, when everything I have done pales into insignificance and nobody really give a sh$t, I've just turned into a rambling old bloke with stories by the bucket load who thinks he was a 'somebody' but now realises that I was just nobody special; So yes, it's been a sort of ordinary life thus far......But it's not over Yet......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 02:43 PM

OGF, I was thinking more of the Media interventions, not the hiccups in life, spin doctors both sides of the tennis net, so to speak.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
OGF, I was thinking more of the Media interventions, not the hiccups in life, spin doctors both sides of the tennis net, so to speak.
Ah yes, I see Spitty.....
To some degree (more in some than others) our lives are moulded by the media because they decide what is ordinary and what is not.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:32 PM

My life has been ordinary at times but I have had the bestest life. I have been poor, then very, very wealthy but now l am poor again and l am just as happy!
My current boyfriend who is lovely, is a multi millionaire but l think he’s a bit penny pinching!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top