Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 02:19 AM

Re: Gentlemen

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Tend to look at the question/comment rather than who made it.

Having said that, am sure that like most people on here, I also consider whose posted the comment before deciding what/whether to reply.

For example, we all recognise TAT as an armchair warrior with excellent google skills and a habit of romancing his own skills/knowledge and experiences.
Yep I agree with that. Some people you can have a good debate with, others there is no point arguing with. The only difference between men and women here I find is that the women, by and large, tend to be more balanced in their views. Otherwise I don't think about gender at all.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 07:20 AM

The gender benders are game for a laugh.

(you know who you are)

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
The gender benders are game for a laugh.

(you know who you are)

Amen to that d00d....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:39 AM

Out of common courtesy and good manners I try to respond to any posters who have asked a question and in particular, mentioned my name regardless of gender. However, I always try to be aware of who, and what gender I'm replying to, because it might require a different answer....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Out of common courtesy and good manners I try to respond to any posters who have asked a question and in particular, mentioned my name regardless of gender. However, I always try to be aware of who, and what gender I'm replying to, because it might require a different answer....
Agreed. Some posters are able to accept a harder line of response than others and can "take" a more robust turn of phrase
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-09-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agreed. Some posters are able to accept a harder line of response than others and can "take" a more robust turn of phrase
Love your response Dex....and Quite true!....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:46 AM

I wonder, if male posters tread more carefully when replying to female posters on the forum?
I don’t mean they are scared to, maybe they just want some peace and no aggro!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-09-2020, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I wonder, if male posters tread more carefully when replying to female posters on the forum?
Maybe we're just old fashioned Arty, and respect ladies of the fairer sex. I never swear in a lady's company, and I still open doors for them and always give up my seat on a bus.....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think that male posters know that they'll have to explain things in simpler terms to female posters
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Maybe we're just old fashioned Arty, and respect ladies of the fairer sex. I never swear in a lady's company, and I still open doors for them and always give up my seat on a bus.....
Yes, Foxy. This is what l was thinking. I think most men on here, are gentlemen..... but...
if there were no pics or anything to give any indication of the poster’s gender, would you reply to posts in a different way?

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top