Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 06:57 PM

tescos

we went into Tesco store this morning and the number of people going in without face mask unbelievable. What was worse there was no staff at the entrance stopping them. No wonder covid 19 is on the increase again
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 07:03 PM

Re: tescos

Last time I was in Waitrose, there were a couple of people without masks and the chap on the door never said a word to them.

I actually asked him about it, and was told - "They might not be able to wear masks!"
While I know this is true, he never even bothered to ask them!

I heard that staff in some shops are getting both verbal abuse and threats when they question customers not wearing masks, so there are more things to consider than you think.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 07:16 PM

Mups
If they are fit enough to go into any store they are fit enough to wear masks and use the hand cleansers.
as for verbal abuse the store has the right to prevent entry
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mups
If they are fit enough to go into any store they are fit enough to wear masks and use the hand cleansers.
as for verbal abuse the store has the right to prevent entry

No, not necessarily.

For example, someone with Asthma can find it difficult to wear a mask, but they are otherwise quite fit enough to go into a shop.

As for the verbal abuse, I believe this was in several different stores, but I do remember some female staff in a Co-op branch were physically threatened by customers who resented being questioned.
I expect they were denied entry eventually, but staff have still got to put up with these unpleasant characters first, and I can imagine their reluctance to challenge people about not wearing masks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, not necessarily.

For example, someone with Asthma can find it difficult to wear a mask, but they are otherwise quite fit enough to go into a shop.

As for the verbal abuse, I believe this was in several different stores, but I do remember some female staff in a Co-op branch were physically threatened by customers who resented being questioned.
I expect they were denied entry eventually, but staff have still got to put up with all the unpleasantness that goes with it.
You would be shocked Mups at some of the abuse supermarket staff get from pig customers, particularly the female staff because they are less likely to punch them on the nose. If supermarkets are expected to enforce the law then they need a trained security guard on the door, it should not be left to shop staff imo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-09-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You would be shocked Mups at some of the abuse supermarket staff get from pig customers, particularly the female staff because they are less likely to punch them on the nose. If supermarkets are expected to enforce the law then they need a trained security guard on the door, it should not be left to shop staff imo.

Yes, this is what I meant. It's bad isn't it, and as you say, it seems to be the women more who cop it.

I agree with you about employing a trained doorman.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, this is what I meant. It's bad isn't it, and as you say, it seems to be the women more who cop it.

I agree with you about employing a trained doorman.
We had one for quite a while but it was seen as too expensive to keep up.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 09:17 PM

When we went into Morrison’s the other week, I noticed a chap entering without a mask, he did, however have a lanyard around his neck with a sign,( about the size of a credit card) I couldn’t make out what it said but I said to mrs p at the time it was a good idea as people would see he had a reason not to wear one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-09-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
When we went into Morrison’s the other week, I noticed a chap entering without a mask, he did, however have a lanyard around his neck with a sign,( about the size of a credit card) I couldn’t make out what it said but I said to mrs p at the time it was a good idea as people would see he had a reason not to wear one.
Some staff wear a badge, those with asthma for instance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 09:21 PM

Other countries had police checking people in shops. That's who should be dealing with this. People would behave then just if one was popping in and out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top