Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 09:22 PM

Re: tescos

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
When we went into Morrison’s the other week, I noticed a chap entering without a mask, he did, however have a lanyard around his neck with a sign,( about the size of a credit card) I couldn’t make out what it said but I said to mrs p at the time it was a good idea as people would see he had a reason not to wear one.
Yes they should have some official badge for those who cannot wear a mask. But those who don't have one shouldn't be allowed to mingle. They are getting really lax and there's no enforcement.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Other countries had police checking people in shops. That's who should be dealing with this. People would behave then just if one was popping in and out.
I agree. Shoppers might think twice about breaking the rules.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:01 PM

Yes they should have some official badge for those who cannot wear a mask. But those who don't have one shouldn't be allowed to mingle. They are getting really lax and there's no enforcement.

I seem to remember our local police saying they have enough to do without checking people going in and out of shops.
In all fairness, I can understand that.
They can't spare a police officer just to stand in a shop doorway doing nothing all day.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:46 PM

We have plenty of the armed sevice doing nothing but marching up and down,give them the security jobs .
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:01 PM

Neither the Police nor the shop staff are challenging people here, which is right and proper imo

We all know the rules, wear a mask unless you are exempt. If I was to be challenged that would all the information I would give - Im exempt, I would not be discussing my medical condition with anyone other then a trained medic

As it is, I do my best to keep a mask on in shops as required. I can if Im only going to one shop, but today I had the doctors first ( mask ) had to pop into Home bargains so time I was half way round Tesco I had to take my mask off and rest against a chiller till I felt well enough to go join the queue
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:18 PM

Annie, l can understand you saying that but l don’t like the idea of labelling people. It’s very leperish.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:31 PM

Would have thought that it would be easy enough for the checkout person to refuse to process good unless the customer had a mask on. Similarly in the self service section where the attendant could only allow the scanner/till to operate if the customer had a mask. Indeed, to avoid confronation, the decision could be made via CCTV by people based offsite, which would take the heat off the in-store assistants

Advising customers at the front doors that this would be the case would be incentive enough.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:37 PM

Is this not the case Annie? I thought they were supposed to have an exemption ticket or badge of some sort if they were truly exempt.
I am sure I saw a somewhere advertised where you can apply for them, but didn't take much notice at the time.

Oh hold on, here is something I just found about exemptions:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/08...t-wear-a-mask/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-09-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Would have thought that it would be easy enough for the checkout person to refuse to process good unless the customer had a mask on. Similarly in the self service section where the attendant could only allow the scanner/till to operate if the customer had a mask. Indeed, to avoid confronation, the decision could be made via CCTV by people based offsite, which would take the heat off the in-store assistants

Advising customers at the front doors that this would be the case would be incentive enough.

Not sure that's a good idea Dex.
If I worked on a checkout, I wouldn't be too happy to have to police a couple of 6ft blokes not wearing their masks.
These girls don't get paid danger money!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is this not the case Annie? I thought they were supposed to have an exemption ticket or badge of some sort if they were truly exempt.
I am sure I saw a somewhere advertised where you can apply for them, but didn't take much notice at the time.

Oh hold on, here is something I just found about exemptions:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/08...t-wear-a-mask/
Just had a quick nosey at the gov.uk site and you don't bneed to apply - you can simply download a free pdf to print out.

Just how robust is that??? Er, not

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top