Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:20 AM

Look After My Bills.

Has anyone tried this organisation?Is it the same as comparison sites.Thinking of changing my Gas/Electric supplier.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:55 AM

Re: Look After My Bills.

I do not have any experience of that service, but obviously it will not be provided for free, so who pays?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I do not have any experience of that service, but obviously it will not be provided for free, so who pays?
They will get a kickback from whoever they hook up with each year.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 10:41 AM

I prefer to manage my own bills - don't allow anyone access to my bank account.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Has anyone tried this organisation?Is it the same as comparison sites.Thinking of changing my Gas/Electric supplier.

I don't know enough about them to comment.
Have you got a link please Rhosyn?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 12:16 PM

I got an email from SSE today saying my energy bills were coming down on 1st October. Didn't say how much. Something to do with Ofgem reducing the price cap.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 12:27 PM

Is energy auto-switching right for you?

Which? Magazine say (extracts):
Energy auto-switching services can take the chore out of switching gas and electricity supplier – they do it for you, again and again. But they can come at a cost – you won’t necessarily get the cheapest deal, nor a supplier whose service customers rate highly.

Many of the energy auto-switching services are owned by price comparison websites. For example Look After My Bills and WeFlip are owned by GoCompare. This means that the choice of suppliers they can switch you to is limited to those with which the parent price comparison website has an agreement or pays commission. So if the cheapest deal is from a supplier they don’t work with, then the auto-switcher may not be able to transfer you to it.

Some 69% of customers who changed energy supplier using an automatic switching service said that the process was easy or very easy, according to our survey. While this is positive, every other method we asked about was found easy or very easy by a greater proportion of switchers. For example, 87% said they found the process of switching with a price comparison website easy or very easy.
Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/03...right-for-you/ - Which?
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 02:03 PM

Thank you Omah for that article,interesting.Will have a think about it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 04:14 PM

Doesn't this company operate along the lines of you sending them a sum of money each month to cover all your bills and then they pay the bills for you as and when necessary and you pay them for the privilege of not having to remember who to pay and when? If that's the case, then sod that for a game of soldiers, I'll carry on with paying by direct debit thanks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 08:17 PM

It's a "Dragons den" initiative. Bought by Gocompare. Here's their pitch one partner was a SPAD

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top