Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 06:31 PM

Re: laughing at inappropriate times

For me it was bursting out laughing when Prof Daniel V McCaughan OBE, BSc, PhD, DSc, FREng, FIAE, FIEI, FRAeS, FIEE, CEng, SMIEEE, FInstP, CPhys, FInstD had the seam of his trousers split.

Fortunately for him he wasn't "commando" but no one in the meeting had the courage to tell him what had happened, he had a certain reputation, but I just walked in while the meeting was in process and saw this and just couldn't help myself.

He was ok with it - fortunately I was not on his staff which might have had something to do with it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I can think of two memorable occasions - I am sure there must be more - but however ..

1st - When was 14yrs and attending Holy Mass with a friend. In those days it was still in Latin - we had a new priest - and he had such a monotonous voice. He mispronounced many of the prayers - also dragged out every syllable into a long boring drone. We had such a fit of the giggles - one of the nuns came up and threw us out!

2nd - In the cinema with friend and hubby to see a James Bond thing with Daniel Craig as Bond. Can't remember which one - but it became sillier by the minute. I had the giggles - friend kept shushing me - which made it worse. Final straw was when Bond - clutching his chest dramatically - dragged himself into his car - and pulled a defibrillator out of the glove compartment - used it on himself and drove off. I had to leave the auditorium at that point because I was laughing out loud and could not stop. Bought myself some popcorn and waited in the atrium for my friends - who said they will never again go to the cinema with me!
It wasn't Robert Peston was it?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mr Mags is guilty of that, many times I have dug him in the ribs while we've been out.

He can't help but laugh at someone's expense .... if they trip or drop something etc. A sharp nudge does work and bring him to his senses though!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I can think of two memorable occasions - I am sure there must be more - but however ..

1st - When was 14yrs and attending Holy Mass with a friend. In those days it was still in Latin - we had a new priest - and he had such a monotonous voice. He mispronounced many of the prayers - also dragged out every syllable into a long boring drone. We had such a fit of the giggles - one of the nuns came up and threw us out!

2nd - In the cinema with friend and hubby to see a James Bond thing with Daniel Craig as Bond. Can't remember which one - but it became sillier by the minute. I had the giggles - friend kept shushing me - which made it worse. Final straw was when Bond - clutching his chest dramatically - dragged himself into his car - and pulled a defibrillator out of the glove compartment - used it on himself and drove off. I had to leave the auditorium at that point because I was laughing out loud and could not stop. Bought myself some popcorn and waited in the atrium for my friends - who said they will never again go to the cinema with me!
This made me laugh, love it, awww you cant beat a good old belly laugh.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

11-09-2020, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
For me it was bursting out laughing when Prof Daniel V McCaughan OBE, BSc, PhD, DSc, FREng, FIAE, FIEI, FRAeS, FIEE, CEng, SMIEEE, FInstP, CPhys, FInstD had the seam of his trousers split.

Fortunately for him he wasn't "commando" but no one in the meeting had the courage to tell him what had happened, he had a certain reputation, but I just walked in while the meeting was in process and saw this and just couldn't help myself.

He was ok with it - fortunately I was not on his staff which might have had something to do with it.
What a shame he wasn't commando, now that would have been even funnier, oh man, I'm hiding my eyes just thinking about him commando lol
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 09:29 PM

I laughed inappropriately once ....

At one of my first boyfriends who rolled up late one night and was wearing one of those cervical neck collars.
He'd been to the Outpatients and I was instantly concerned and cooing over him ... was he in much pain? .... what happened? how did he do it?
When he told me he'd trapped his neck in the garage door ... I burst out laughing.
To this day I still wonder how you manage to trap your neck in a garage door.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top