Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 08:38 PM

Re: The Rule of Six.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I blame the young uns.

Have you noticed none of them ever move off the pavement to keep the 2M rule .... instead they hog the pavement, usually off in a world of their own and expect the other person to shift.
Older people at least give a nod of the head as a polite form of thank you that you moved into the road.
Basically some of the young uns are little shites TBH
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My dentist has been cancelling mine since March .... I'm due again for a filling at the end of September.
Meanwhile ... I keep sucking me spongy gums to keep them clean and keep smiling.
Our dentist is the same.

I have invested in some temporary filling material since mine dropped out back in March.

It doesn't last too long, unfortunately. Maybe a week or two before it wears down.

Still, I have (had) three pots of the temporary material and I have become really quite adept at putting it in and making a good, neat job of it, though I say so myself!

I reckon I should have been a dentist.

I'd have a Mercedes if I had.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Our dentist is the same.

I have invested in some temporary filling material since mine dropped out back in March.

It doesn't last too long, unfortunately. Maybe a week or two before it wears down.

Still, I have (had) three pots of the temporary material and I have become really quite adept at putting it in and making a good, neat job of it, though I say so myself!

I have also got through a few of those. It's a shame they don't sell something more permanent that doesn't wear down.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have also got through a few of those. It's a shame they don't sell something more permanent that doesn't wear down.

Perhaps they'd be doing dentists out of a job then.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
True. I don't mind, though. I can put a new one in within a minute or two, so it's no big deal.
You just have to avoid eating for two hours to give it time to harden, but that just requires a bit of planning ahead.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Our dentist is the same.

How are you at root canal treatment JBR?
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 06:52 PM

I see the government have made exceptions , it seems that grouse shooting and other hunting with guns is exempt from the rule of six....you can have up to 30 people. there's a loophole....loophole or not at a time like this when ordinary people are being stopped from doing what they want loopholes should not come into it ...this is exactly what makes people react like...if you can do it ...so can we, it should be the same rule for everyone
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Unfortunately very true, big parties locally last night with more going on now.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I just heard fireworks going off somewhere local. Lots more police around (and unfortunately a few ambulances)
Coronavirus: Police Scotland called to 405 house parties over weekend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54146870

6 people were arrested and one fixed penalty notice was issued, Police Scotland said. Other people attending the parties were given "suitable advice" and then dispersed.

Two officers who went to a house in Muirhouse, Edinburgh, were allegedly assaulted. The windows of two police cars were also smashed during the incident at 05:35 on Sunday. Two men, both aged 47, have been arrested and charged and are due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff later.

Police Scotland also confirmed that officers responded to 1,552 reports of noise, public nuisance and disturbance between Friday and Sunday. That was an increase of of 41% compared with the same weekend last year.

As of 9 September, there had been 294 arrests for Covid-related breaches and 3,388 fixed penalty notices issued.
Blimey, it's a world gone mad .....

..... and England was probably worse .....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:06 PM

I bet walking groups aren't allowed though!!!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I see the government have made exceptions , it seems that grouse shooting and other hunting with guns is exempt from the rule of six....you can have up to 30 people. there's a loophole....loophole or not at a time like this when ordinary people are being stopped from doing what they want loopholes should not come into it ...this is exactly what makes people react like...if you can do it ...so can we, it should be the same rule for everyone
Totally agree.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top