Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 12:07 AM

Re: Prince Harry on Our Queen at Ninety.

I am always pleased to see the Her Majesty the Queen of Australia out and about in her hijab.

CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not a royalist but I enjoyed watching the programme .
If only to see Queenie riding a horse at 90.
What a bubble these people live in especially that arrogant useless Prince Andrew and his pampered daughters .
However if one lives in the UK the Queen is in fact your Queen in as much as she is the Queen .
I may have the misfortune to live here but she is not my Queen. As I said, I didn't elect her, I wasn't born here and she does rock all for me personally. She gives me nothing and I owe her nothing. And there is no such country as the UK because the 'U' stands for 'United' and this country is not united, it is a divided land. There is no United Kingdom.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
I may have the misfortune to live here but she is not my Queen. As I said, I didn't elect her, I wasn't born here and she does rock all for me personally. She gives me nothing and I owe her nothing. And there is no such country as the UK because the 'U' stands for 'United' and this country is not united, it is a divided land. There is no United Kingdom.
If there's no such country as the United Kingdom(which there isn't)then how can the country be divided?

You weren't born here and it's a misfortune to live here? your passport enables you to leave, please feel free to do so.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I enjoyed watching it. I wonder why Princess Ann and Prince Edward never made an appearance?

I think they ought to have done.

Because the younger royals especially Harry are so much more public friendly .
Anne is arrogant Edward colourless .

Most people are much more inclined to the hail fellow well met Harry doing good deeds and William the Helicopter ambulance pilot married to the beautiful and totally unobjectionable Kate .
Moreover the Queen is more human and likeable in grandma mode rather that the rather distant mother that she was to her own children .
Why they had air miles Andy on mouthing inanities was really the only downside -I suppose they gave him a script.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 06:03 AM

I suppose it's only older people who watches this stuff .
Its must have zero appeal ( apart from speculation re the elegible Harry ) to younger people .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:46 AM

I did watch it, and enjoyed most, but what put me off by the last ten minutes were the young Royals constantly saying 'I think...' Kate was the worst offender, saying it twice in one sentence at one point!

It was nice seeing her Maj in relaxed mode. She does have a lovely smile and I for one am proud of her.

One of Andy's girls tended to talk in that 'vocal fry' tone much preferred by a lot of females. Yes, could have done without Arrogant Andy. I too was hoping to see Anne, but not really Edward. Bit colourless, that one. ETA. Oops sorry Muddy, realise now you described him in that way, but it's the way I see him too.

Charles's attempt at humour. To the Queen 'do you realise I've known you for 68 years?' Bless.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2016, 09:01 AM

At times Kate practically repeated word for word what William said .
They obviously had the same script!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 09:44 AM

Not sure I liked Kate's new way of speaking in public. She comes across as someone without a personality.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I did watch it, and enjoyed most, but what put me off by the last ten minutes were the young Royals constantly saying 'I think...' Kate was the worst offender, saying it twice in one sentence at one point!

It was nice seeing her Maj in relaxed mode. She does have a lovely smile and I for one am proud of her.

One of Andy's girls tended to talk in that 'vocal fry' tone much preferred by a lot of females. Yes, could have done without Arrogant Andy. I too was hoping to see Anne, but not really Edward. Bit colourless, that one. ETA. Oops sorry Muddy, realise now you described him in that way, but it's the way I see him too.

Charles's attempt at humour. To the Queen 'do you realise I've known you for 68 years?' Bless.

Yes I agree Jazzi. Ann seems to almost distance herself from the family, rarely seen or heard of nowadays. Is she still married even? It is donkeys years since I have seen them together in public. Doesn't he ever have to do any 'royal work' with her?
I agree about Edward too. He always has been the odd one out I think.

Like her or not, I think our Queen is pretty fantastic for her age.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 10:43 AM

Anne seems to keep a low profile however.

In addition to working for her charities and regiments both at home and overseas, the Princess carries out up to three overseas tours each year for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in support of British interests overseas. She also carries out a very wide range of official duties and visits in the United Kingdom in support of regional authorities and local institutions.
In 2014 Her Royal Highness carried out over 528 engagements in the UK and overseas.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top