Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 12:04 PM

Re: Prince Harry on Our Queen at Ninety.

I have respect for Anne, Peter and Zara. They are the most down to earth of the lot. And Anne's sense of humour is wicked!

Respecting the remark 'The Queen looks fantastic for her age', everyone can look so if they lead the pampered wealthy life she has. None of my grandparents reached 80, in fact, my grandfathers didn't even reach 70. They worked hard during their entire lives. My mother never reached 80 either.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Anne seems to keep a low profile however.

In addition to working for her charities and regiments both at home and overseas, the Princess carries out up to three overseas tours each year for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in support of British interests overseas. She also carries out a very wide range of official duties and visits in the United Kingdom in support of regional authorities and local institutions.
In 2014 Her Royal Highness carried out over 528 engagements in the UK and overseas.
Well said Nom! Princess Anne has always worked hard, she just didn't want her private life, and that of her children, all over the newspapers. She has matured to be just like her mother who sees her job as a worthwhile one that needs doing, but she doesn't want to be a fashion icon in every daily newspaper!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said Nom! Princess Anne has always worked hard, she just didn't want her private life, and that of her children, all over the newspapers. She has matured to be just like her mother who sees her job as a worthwhile one that needs doing, but she doesn't want to be a fashion icon in every daily newspaper!
+1

I think the kidnap attempt probably had a lot to do with this.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by tpin ->
if there's no such country as the united kingdom(which there isn't)then how can the country be divided?

You weren't born here and it's a misfortune to live here? Your passport enables you to leave, please feel free to do so.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
well said nom! Princess anne has always worked hard, she just didn't want her private life, and that of her children, all over the newspapers. She has matured to be just like her mother who sees her job as a worthwhile one that needs doing, but she doesn't want to be a fashion icon in every daily newspaper!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
I have respect for Anne, Peter and Zara. They are the most down to earth of the lot. And Anne's sense of humour is wicked!
How would you know this except for what you've read in the newspapers?

I've read that Ann is arrogant and I can believe that.

If the two princesses and the two princes could speak glowingly about their granny I don't see why Zara & Peter couldn't at least acknowledge what a wonderful granny they've got.

Maybe they're arrogant like their mother.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:32 PM

I was looking forward to the programme but we still know nothing more about the Queen that we did before. A bit of a let down for me, I'm afraid..
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:33 PM

I don't read newspapers. I have seen Princess Anne in interviews though in the days when I watched television and she came across as alright. The fact that she guested on 'A Question Of Sport' and joined in with the banter is another point in her favour. She admitted to Terry Wogan that had she not been born royal she would have been a lorry driver.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
I don't read newspapers. I have seen Princess Anne in interviews though in the days when I watched television and she came across as alright. The fact that she guested on 'A Question Of Sport' and joined in with the banter is another point in her favour. She admitted to Terry Wogan that had she not been born royal she would have been a lorry driver.
That brings back memories, Emlyn Hughes was hilarious, as was Princess Anne.

I like her too.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:56 PM

She spoke to me once at The East Of England show, she said, "Get out of the f....ng way"

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top