Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:05 PM

Re: Help!

I live on the other oart of the word, Florida for that matter. We might not be neighbors but we still can chat and exchange ideas. Thats the beauty of the internet
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Raven ->
Having only recently joined this site,and am new to chat forums,i am a bit mystified as to a few things. Can somebody enlighten me please on certain aspects of protocol and questions about chat sites.
There do not seem to be any people from the area i live,using this site. Would it be better to cast my net wider,and use other site's,in the hope that there would be. I have noticed that many of the members on here,are also members on other sites,is this the reason for being on different sites,or is it that online friends move on to other sites as a group?
Ie:If one goes,the others follow?
Also,how do online people become friends and real friends not just names on a screen? Is it impolite not to accept a friend request and do people accept friend requests to be polite? All answers greatly recieved.
Why on earth would you want to meet people from Birmingham when there are Yorkshire people on here?

And as a second-best, there are also some from Lankyland.

Raven
Birmingham. UK
Raven is female 

06-04-2016, 06:22 AM

I have looked at the two websites suggested,but neither are suitable or to anything i would wish to join.
The question of other over fifties chat sites?
Anybody recommend a good one?
Many of the members here are on others.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 07:22 AM

I have looked at the two websites suggested,but neither are suitable or to anything i would wish to join.
Had a bit of a poke about a while ago, and they're all pretty crap, see, they are what one makes them, bit like a Trade Union, members don't realise, they are it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:15 AM

Raven to me that is a bit like a person going to a party in someone's house and saying they don't like it and asking the guests if they know of a better one would you do that I wouldn't?

Forums are pretty much the same in many respects with similar people on all of them.
Perhaps forums are not for you if you wish to meet people in person. You could try checking your local library for clubs you could join or start your own
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Raven to me that is a bit like a person going to a party in someone's house and saying they don't like it and asking the guests if they know of a better one would you do that I wouldn't?

Forums are pretty much the same in many respects with similar people on all of them.
Perhaps forums are not for you if you wish to meet people in person. You could try checking your local library for clubs you could join or start your own
If you can find one that's still open.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Sometimes it's best not to live too near them as they might be a 'Billy No Mates' and want to keep popping round to your house for coffee all the time and overstaying their welcome!!
As much as l love everyone on forums, it is always best to be friendly but not get too close.......familiarity breeds contempt!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sometimes it's best not live too near them as they might be a 'Billy No Mates' and want to keep popping round to your house for coffee all the time and overstaying their welcome!!
As much as l love everyone on forums, it is always best to be friendly but not get too close.......familiarity breeds contempt!!
You have a point there, I am not sure some disagreements could be contained on forums either don't like the idea a person could just pop round.
Raven
Birmingham. UK
Raven is female 

06-04-2016, 01:54 PM

If i understand rightly what is said,then the words"friend" and "friendship" do not really mean anything on chat sites?
If people live to close,its wrong in case they are friendly and want "real" friends and if they live as far away as possible then that is ok? That seems very "unfriendly".
Surely a site about chatting and discussion is ok but some things are not or cannot be discussed?
Asking questions and advice is surely part of learning?
But talking or asking about other chat sites is taboo?
The remark about parties seems to smack of "loyalty".Loyalty to the site?
If this is so,then why are so many members on so many sites?
Yet nobody seems willing to discuss it?
What's the big mystery?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-04-2016, 02:48 PM

If i understand rightly what is said,then the words"friend" and "friendship" do not really mean anything on chat sites?
If people live to close,its wrong in case they are friendly and want "real" friends and if they live as far away as possible then that is ok? That seems very "unfriendly".
Surely a site about chatting and discussion is ok but some things are not or cannot be discussed?
Asking questions and advice is surely part of learning?
But talking or asking about other chat sites is taboo?
The remark about parties seems to smack of "loyalty".Loyalty to the site?
If this is so,then why are so many members on so many sites?
Yet nobody seems willing to discuss it?
What's the big mystery?
Sorry, you need to have made at least 5000 post before you can ask questions like that.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top